Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
7yr old developing too quickly

amother
Jade

Post Sat, Feb 27 2016, 10:32 pm
My 7yr old dd has obvious signs of breast development. She is slightly overweight but far from obese. Is overweight a reason to develop quicker? Is there a way to stop it from continuing at this young age? Should I be concerned until I can get appt for well checkup? Anyone experience this?

out-of-towner

Post Sat, Feb 27 2016, 10:35 pm
If you are concerned, call and ask to speak to your ped. Ask if they want you to come in to them first, or if they can refer you to an endocrinologist.

amother
Blonde

Post Sat, Feb 27 2016, 11:47 pm
amother wrote:
My 7yr old dd has obvious signs of breast development. She is slightly overweight but far from obese. Is overweight a reason to develop quicker? Is there a way to stop it from continuing at this young age? Should I be concerned until I can get appt for well checkup? Anyone experience this?

Fat does produce more estrogen

Queen18

Post Sat, Feb 27 2016, 11:57 pm
Look into using organic meats and milk. Environmental causes can cause the early onset of puberty.

Amarante

Post Sun, Feb 28 2016, 12:05 am
Definitely check with the pediatrician. There is a correlation between higher body weight and early menses and onset of puberty.

There are increasing numbers of very early onset puberty like your daughter. I remember reading about it a few years ago. You could Google and I am sure bring up the articles. I haven't read anything recently on the subject. As I recall, they weren't sure what might be causing it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik.....berty

Orchid

Post Sun, Feb 28 2016, 12:22 am
Amarante wrote:
Definitely check with the pediatrician. There is a correlation between higher body weight and early menses and onset of puberty.

There are increasing numbers of very early onset puberty like your daughter. I remember reading about it a few years ago. You could Google and I am sure bring up the articles. I haven't read anything recently on the subject. As I recall, they weren't sure what might be causing it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik.....berty

Environmental and other chemical factors like BPA.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Feb 28 2016, 12:33 am
My 8 year old is also developing and she's very very thin.
Will ask Dr.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Feb 28 2016, 1:00 am
I was at an endocrinologist recently with my 8 yr old. She's very hairy, so had it checked out. I was told that first signs of puberty is underarm odor or acne. Def have it checked out though. There are medications to stop early puberty.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Feb 28 2016, 5:01 am
Hormones in the milk she or her nursing mother drink can be the cause

workaholicmama

Post Sun, Feb 28 2016, 12:29 pm
Someone I know did an implant in the arm to slow puberty. Not sure exactly what and how it works, ask an endo.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Feb 28 2016, 1:43 pm
amother wrote:
I was at an endocrinologist recently with my 8 yr old. She's very hairy, so had it checked out. I was told that first signs of puberty is underarm odor or acne. Def have it checked out though. There are medications to stop early puberty.

My 9 year old started with breast buds not with underarm odor or acne.
She is very thin and short for her age.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Feb 28 2016, 2:08 pm
I started getting hair down there when I was 8 or 9. In 3rd grade. My breasts started budding in fourth or fifth grade. I was one of the first in my grade and was hugely embarrassed.

Anyway they stopped growing a few months later and I spent the rest of my life until nursing being a AA. Nursing turned me into the grand big size of A.

Please don't give your kids anti estrogen drugs. They may begin to develop early and then stop anyway. Unless she's almost fully developed in all areas, I wouldn't think about it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children