Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Keeping Shells Sorted

HappyMom5

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 11:42 am
Does anyone know of a product or a system to keep shells neatly in a closet? I always have to open the shell to see if it's sleeveless, long sleeve, 3/4 sleeve? It's not really an option for me to make separate stacks because my shelf space is high. Is there a product that has stackable shelves that you can label and put on a shelf in an amoire?

Thanks!

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 12:10 pm
I just want to say that I am very interested in seeing everyone's suggestions. The only system I have ever used is hanging every single shell and "camisole" (I overheat easily, so I've long preferred to use solid-coloured, wide-banded, sleeveless tops under long- and 3/4-sleeved tops for added coverage on the chest area) on its own hanger. That way I can clearly see how long it is, how slim- or wide-fitting it is, and the shape (I.e., v-neck vs. scoop-neck) and degree of coverage it offers on top. It also makes it easy to try it out by slipping it, while still on the hanger, under the top or dress I'd like to wear it under, to see how it hangs/falls. It's a fine system, except that it takes up so much space in my relatively-small walk-in closet.

cm

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 12:18 pm
Maybe something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/HANGING-.....Z7KRA

Also - depending on the dimensions of your shelf, modular shelving components or a plastic drawer unit might fit.

What about a paper sorting tray from an office supply store?

Last edited by cm on Wed, Mar 02 2016, 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

kollel wife

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 12:29 pm
Can you write a code on the label (if it's white) - LS or SS - long sleeve or short sleeve, etc. and other necessary information.

iluvy

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 12:45 pm
I keep my shells in plastic drawers on a shelf, with labels on the drawers -- black long sleeve, black sleeveless, white sleeveless, etc.

like this http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ster.....85817

HappyMom5

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 7:03 pm
Thanks everyone. CM - the paper organizing tray idea is great! I think I'll give it a try!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics