Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
If the election was tomorrow, who would you vote for?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

I would vote for
Trump if running against Hillary.  
 18%  [ 42 ]
Trump if running against Bernie Sanders.  
 1%  [ 3 ]
Hillary  
 7%  [ 18 ]
Sanders  
 11%  [ 26 ]
Trump if running against anyone  
 23%  [ 53 ]
I won't vote.  
 14%  [ 33 ]
Either Hillary or Sanders, anyone but Trump.  
 22%  [ 51 ]
Total Votes : 226

Raisin

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 12:49 pm
If the election was tomorrow and Trump is nominated, who would you vote for?

causemommysaid

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 12:56 pm
Trump if running against Hillary
Sanders or almost any other democrat if running against Trump

I read a funny meme the other day "Voting for President is like choosing the STD that fits you best"

edited to add- any republican over any democrat except in this atrocious election.

My hate order is Hillary, Trump, Sanders, Democrats, Republicans.

Last edited by causemommysaid on Wed, Mar 02 2016, 1:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

watergirl

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 12:58 pm
Trump if he runs over Hillary or Sanders.

Any other Republican over any other Democrat.

STMommy

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 12:58 pm
Our field of candidates is so pathetically sad.

glamourmom

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 1:02 pm
Rubio, cuz he's cute. yes, it's come to this.

Miri7

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 1:04 pm
Sanders or Hillary

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 1:12 pm
glamourmom wrote:
Rubio, cuz he's cute. yes, it's come to this.

Very Happy

Amarante

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 1:13 pm
Why the animus against Hilary?

As far as her record, she was a successful Senator and Secretary of State.

I prefer Sanders because he s more f a populist but in terms of policies that are important to me regarding woman's rights, the safety net fr social welfare polices, healthcare, womans choice, social issues, environment, economy, tax policy, I support her decisions more than any Republican in the race.

Simple1

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 1:18 pm
STMommy wrote:
Our field of candidates is so pathetically sad.

Ironically, it's a shame. We had such a good field of republican candidates.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 1:19 pm
Amarante wrote:
Why the animus against Hilary?

As far as her record, she was a successful Senator and Secretary of State.

I prefer Sanders because he s more f a populist but in terms of policies that are important to me regarding woman's rights, the safety net fr social welfare polices, healthcare, womans choice, social issues, environment, economy, tax policy, I support her decisions more than any Republican in the race.

Benghazi and the email scandal turned me off. Waaaayyyy off.

tigerwife

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 1:21 pm
Fascinating how many people are going to vote for someone not because they like them but to stack votes against the candidate they dislike more.

causemommysaid

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 1:27 pm
tigerwife wrote:
Fascinating how many people are going to vote for someone not because they like them but to stack votes against the candidate they dislike more.

Is there a better option?

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 1:41 pm
Cruz. But I agree that Rubio is cute!

Amarante

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 1:47 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Benghazi and the email scandal turned me off. Waaaayyyy off.

Really - genuinely curious since neither of those are significant to me in any way. Now being lied to about WMD which led us into a war that was incalculably costly in terms of human lives, economic costs and destabilization of a region - that is a big deal to me. Benghazi was unfortunate but acts of terror happen with regularity so I'm not sure what was so significant about that other than as some kind of way to whip up Fox viewers.

I vote (more or less) on public policy issues which are of significance to me. While Bernie Sanders is probably a 97% fit with my values, Clinton represents me better on issues that I think are important for the nation and the world than any Republican.

I don't want a government that doesn't believe in universal AFFORDABLe health care; that wants to dismantle Medicare and Social Security; that wants to lower taxes on the riches and increase the tax burden on middle and working class people; that doesn't want to protect the environment. The list of my differences with basic values of the Republican party as represented by their candidates is almost 100%.

Faigy86

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 1:51 pm
Amarante wrote:
Really - genuinely curious since neither of those are significant to me in any way.

I don't know if it is the issues themselves that have gained significance, or the fact that there seems to be this underlying feeling that we have been, are being, and will be lied to, and that's ok.

That would be my concern. Maybe I just have a trust issue Smile

ETA: I have to assume all politicians lie, maybe it is just the media coverage that made these into much larger issues.

tigerwife

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 1:58 pm
causemommysaid wrote:
Is there a better option?

I honestly chose 'I won't vote' simply because I cannot figure out whom I dislike the least.

Maybe things will be clearer in November... And maybe not.

Amarante

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 1:58 pm
Faigy86 wrote:
I don't know if it is the issues themselves that have gained significance, or the fact that there seems to be this underlying feeling that we have been, are being, and will be lied to, and that's ok.

That would be my concern. Maybe I just have a trust issue Smile

I understand that and I am not 100% happy with Hilary but when compared to what her administration would do - in terms of who would be appointed to the Cabinet and who would run the programs - I prefer her policies and those who would be working under her to those of any Republican candidate.

I am not naive as both the Democrats and Republicans owe way too much to special interests and big money. We can thank the Supreme Court for that with their vote on Citizens United and the concomitant rise of the Super PACs. I believe that 7 families effectively fund 50% of the elections because of that - I read that somewhere and can find it again but the point is that the system is rotten because of the money.

However, in the end I would rather have someone whose stated mission isn't to ABOLISH programs that I feel are necessary for the welfare of the country; who isn't actively against science.

Also, the base of the Democratic Party is going to more or less effectively force someone in the Administration to take positions on certain issues that I agree with - I.e. Medicare, Social Security; environment issues. Perhaps I can hope that someone can deal with Big Pharma so that Medicare (for starters is allowed to negotiate drug prices) so that US doesn't have the highest drug and medical prices in the Western World - with no attendant benefit in terms of health of its citizens - for starters.

tigerwife

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 1:59 pm
Amarante, which candidate wants to abolish programs?

Amarante

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 2:01 pm
tigerwife wrote:
Amarante, which candidate wants to abolish programs?

Cruz and Rubio for starters. Have you read their positions on various government programs?

Here's Cruz's position on Social Security.

For younger workers, we should gradually increase the retirement age, change the rate of growth in benefits of so that it matches inflation, and allow them to keep a portion of their tax payments in a personal account that they own.

This is a stealth death blow to Social Security. Raising the age of retirement (which is already pretty high) is very unfair to blue collar and service workers. Changing the formula for calculating rise in benefits hurts seniors and "privatization" of Social Security. For most people , especially working and middle class people, SS represents a safer and higher rate of investment than private investment. How would you like to have retired in 2008 or invested with Madoff?

If you want to fix SS, then raise the amount that is taxable. Right now, the FICA taxes are disproportionately unfair to lower paid and middle class workers since all of their wages are taxes whereas highly paid workers don't pay SS/Medicare above a certain cut off.

Last edited by Amarante on Wed, Mar 02 2016, 2:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sadie

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 2:06 pm
Bernie Sanders over Clinton, Clinton over any republican. No need to elaborate as I agree with all of Amarante's points.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics