Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
If the election was tomorrow, who would you vote for?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

I would vote for
Trump if running against Hillary.  
 18%  [ 42 ]
Trump if running against Bernie Sanders.  
 1%  [ 3 ]
Hillary  
 7%  [ 18 ]
Sanders  
 11%  [ 26 ]
Trump if running against anyone  
 23%  [ 53 ]
I won't vote.  
 14%  [ 33 ]
Either Hillary or Sanders, anyone but Trump.  
 22%  [ 51 ]
Total Votes : 226

saw50st8

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 8:04 am
lucymaud wrote:
hopefully by creating a lower tax code and the like, many people won't rely so heavily on programs or lie in order to be on the programs.

The lower tax theory never works. It just benefits the rich. You know what does work? Making the rich and big corporations pay their fair share of tax.

I'm a fan of flat tax with no exemptions. Everyone pays the same rate (above a decided amount that is tax free). If you earn more, you pay more but not a higher percentage.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 8:54 am
busydev wrote:
that link wasn't but if you meant trumped by jimmy Kimmel that was hilarious!

No, it's a Producers spinoff with Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick: some guys who endorse a presidential candidate who has no way of winning and of course his campaign takes off.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 8:56 am
yogabird wrote:
Lol. Along with all the other conservative frauds?

Actually, from what I've seen/heard, Trump is doing the kind of paternalistic emasculating stuff he did to Carson. I wonder if Christie's regretting selling his soul yet?

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 9:00 am
imasinger wrote:
http://m.townhall.com/columnists/jeffjacoby/2016/03/02/draft-n2127654

Jeff Jacoby's column today.

I get where he's coming from.

I like Jeff Jacoby but if you're not in a winner take all state (and even if you are) I don't get the crossover business. At least by voting your real choice you'll take delegates away from Trump and keep others in the game.
I just heard an interview on Bill Bennett about Trump derangement syndrome. I was disappointed and disagreed with it, but it was interesting.

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 9:02 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Actually, from what I've seen/heard, Trump is doing the kind of paternalistic emasculating stuff he did to Carson. I wonder if Christie's regretting selling his soul yet?

Christie's endorsement is killing me. I really, really liked and respected him when he first ran for governor and for a while after. By the time he quit the race I was already pretty disillusioned, but I still thought the guy had some integrity. That's why we all liked him, he didn't just do what was politically beneficial, he did what he felt was right, even if nobody agreed with him. Right now I am disgusted and embarrassed to think that I ever voted for him.

Faigy86

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 9:49 am
Iymnok wrote:
I know, since its theoretical, I can choose who will run as a third party.
Micky Mouse was mentioned on a different thread Tongue Out

I don't know why people keep saying they will vote for Micky Mouse. I'm voting for Minnie Mouse!

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 9:51 am
Faigy86 wrote:
I don't know why people keep saying they will vote for Micky Mouse. I'm voting for Minnie Mouse!

That's good. Because there is a special place in hell for women who won't help support a female mouse.

busydev

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 10:10 am
PinkFridge wrote:
No, it's a Producers spinoff with Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick: some guys who endorse a presidential candidate who has no way of winning and of course his campaign takes off.
yeah that's trumped by jimmy Kimmel Smile on his YouTube channel and he has a small part

Amarante

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 10:34 am
The internet is burning up regarding the expressions Christie had when he was forced to stand behind Trump Tuesday night.

https://www.washingtonpost.com.....rump/

tigerwife

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 11:21 am
saw50st8 wrote:
I'm a fan of flat tax with no exemptions. Everyone pays the same rate (above a decided amount that is tax free). If you earn more, you pay more but not a higher percentage.

Agree 100%. Sometimes a small raise will set you way back in terms of taxes if you were earning right between brackets.

Merrymom

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 11:32 am
This is not a choice. It's like asking if I went to McDonalds would I choose the big mac or the chicken? No thanks, I keep kosher, I'll stick to the coke. Let everyone else start Milchemes Gog Umagog, I won't have a hand in it.

Oh, and by the way I'm a Rupublican, still holding out hope for John Kasich. Oh and anyone who can think of voting for someone that talks about the size of their body parts (Rubio dissing Trump), has some very low expectations for a president.

Raisin

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 11:38 am
Merrymom wrote:
This is not a choice. It's like asking if I went to McDonalds would I choose the big mac or the chicken? No thanks, I keep kosher, I'll stick to the coke. Let everyone else start Milchemes Gog Umagog, I won't have a hand in it.

So will you make aliya or move to canade? Because you will be forced to live with one or the other. IMHO you should vote for the person you hate least, if you hate all the candidates.

moonbeam

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 11:58 am

Merrymom

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 12:21 pm
Raisin wrote:
So will you make aliya or move to canade? Because you will be forced to live with one or the other. IMHO you should vote for the person you hate least, if you hate all the candidates.

Have you voted in every election? I almost never vote because if I have no respect for either I'm not going to waste my time. Most frum Jews I've met hate Obama and yet they still live here. Thankfully B"H, being president in the U.S. does not give you unlimited powers.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 12:31 pm
Merrymom wrote:
Have you voted in every election? I almost never vote because if I have no respect for either I'm not going to waste my time. Most frum Jews I've met hate Obama and yet they still live here. Thankfully B"H, being president in the U.S. does not give you unlimited powers.

The difference is this: I didn't vote for Obama. I disagreed with his policies and didn't think he was ready to be president. But he presented a good personal role model and to the world, America had arrived in electing a black president.
I do not like Trump. I resent being marginalized for not toeing the party line when I am in a majority of Republicans in opposing Trump.

Merrymom

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 1:01 pm
Sadie wrote:
Bernie Sanders over Clinton, Clinton over any republican. No need to elaborate as I agree with all of Amarante's points.

Why would you decide to lump all Republicans in one boat? I think that's not taking the time to educate yourself to see the differences between the candidates and learning what their actual positions are. Just because you're Jewish doesn't mean you have no other choice but the Democratic party. Not to mention I think Democrats no longer represent a frum Jew's values.

Raisin

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 3:21 pm
Merrymom wrote:

I don't live in the USA, and when I did live there I wasn't eligible to vote.

But I vote where I live now although the voting system here is much fairer, not first past the post. I do feel that my vote can make a difference. There are also many more parties here - its kind of similar to Israel in that respect - and the little parties often get into government as part of a coalition.

I think its important to vote because it means your group will be taken more seriously. For example, if there is a high voter turn out among young child bearing women, politicians are more likely to take the needs of young child bearing women seriously. Ditto with frum Jews, retirees, black people, middle class people, etc.

Maya

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 3:23 pm
Merrymom wrote:
Why would you decide to lump all Republicans in one boat? I think that's not taking the time to educate yourself to see the differences between the candidates and learning what their actual positions are. Just because you're Jewish doesn't mean you have no other choice but the Democratic party. Not to mention I think Democrats no longer represent a frum Jew's values.

Since all the republican candidates share similar political viewpoints, it's perfectly fine to lump them all together and say I will avoid voting Republican.

And funny you should say that about Democratic and Jewish values. I think it's very much to the contrary.

Sadie

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 3:24 pm
Merrymom wrote:

I'm not lumping anyone together, some republicans are worse than others. Some have ideas that I respect even if I wouldn't vote for them. I'm on my phone now so I can't find it but there is a video going around of a debate between Bush 1 and Reagan where they discuss how to deal compassionately with the issue of illegal immigration. Too bad that Republican Party doesn't exist anymore; any candidate who spoke the way they spoke in that video would be out of the running yesterday.
I do plenty of research on the positions of my candidates and any republican who agrees with the majority of my views would have no place in the modern Republican Party. So I guess I will amend my statement and rather than say I would vote for any democrat over any republican, I'll say that the chances of a republican candidate representing my views is infinitesimally small.
As a religious person the Democratic Party much better represents me, although not perfectly by a long shot. The values I look for when voting are helping the poor, the sick (the uninsured), the orphan and widow (the single mom) the imprisoned, the stranger (the immigrant) and as a member of a persecuted minority religion, protecting the separation of church and state is also paramount. It seems that religious "values voters" both Jewish and Christian are more interested in the state policing people's personal lives and reducing taxes than actually practicing the real values of their religions.

Sadie

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 3:38 pm
Here's the debate. Imagine either of these guys being successful in this election cycle:

Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics