Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Publishing a book-which publisher?

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 9:26 pm
Hi,
Anyone have experience with frum publishers? I know there have been other threads on this topic but there has barely been any mention of specific publishers. I'm aware that my work may not be accepted by every (or even any!) publisher, but I still don't want to go submitting my manuscript all over. I'm also hoping to have a somewhat easier time getting "in" with a publisher as I write prolifically for two well-known national papers and magazines

Does anyone have any specific publisher they recommend? I'm looking for ones that are easy to work with, respectful, and have decent editors. Not even mentioning the money factor. We do this out of the goodness of our hearts. Rolling Eyes
I'm leaning towards Israel Book Shop and Menucha Press. Anyone publish with either of these? Or with Mosaica Press or Judaica Press? Aside from each company's website, I can't think of any other way to research a publisher except for giving a shout-out to the tremendously experienced and always opinionated Imamother community.

Looking forward to your responses!
Tia

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 11:39 pm
Have you tried posting this question on Soferet?

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 12:09 am
I published with Israel Book Shop. It wasn't a great experience. But it was about 8 years ago.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 12:31 am
Congratulations for completing your manuscript! (Though I'm sure you'll keep tweaking until it goes to print... Wink )
I also published with Israel Bookshop and actually had a great experience. Very nice ppl there.
I agree with above poster that you might want to try Soferet with such inquiries. Google Soferet Google group.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 11:16 am
DH published through Israel Book Shop and was very happy with the process, and spoke very highly of the editor, proofreader, and graphic artist. They respected his opinions and worked with him the whole way.

The only thing he was a little disappointed in was the actual marketing and sales process after the book came out; they did put it in their ads, but sales weren't great, and he was basically on his own to try to market and sell the book, though I honestly don't believe that the other places are any better.

fromthedepths

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 10:05 pm
I don't think such questions belong to a public forum. Feel free to pm me -- I'd be happy to share my experience.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room