Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Crazy 18 month old begs for a nap but won't

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 11:29 am
That's exactly it. Every day at 11 AM my son brings me his blanket and begs for his bottle. He cuddles and even closes his eyes. Sometimes he falls asleep in my arms and sleeps until put into the crib.

Then he wakes up and cries for the next two hours, only falling asleep at 1:30 pm, then sleeps until 3:30.

Or, I should say, he WOULD cry for the next two hours. I've only let him cry for an hour before letting him out. Sometimes he has a dirty diaper, but not always.

I don't get it.

AlwaysThinking

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 12:10 pm
How about putting him to sleep earlier than 11? What happens then?

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 12:11 pm
I am disturbed that you are calling your son crazy. And if he has a dirty diaper, he is uncomfortable and needs to be changed...

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 12:51 pm
I hope you are not calling the child crazy and just saying the situation is crazy..
Why are you letting him cry for an hour???? With a dirty diaper????
Many kids outgrow their nap by that age!! My son is a bit older and there are a few days here and there that he skips his nap. After a few minutes if he doesnt sleep, its done. I TAKE him out. He goes to sleep a bit earlier. Zehu! Sometimes hell crash on the floor and I wake him after a few minutes. By 1:30 he is probably exhausted after all that crying.

bigblueyes

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 2:41 pm
Wait is he in his crib crying all that time? Bc that is so awful for him and he must be hungry too!

Ms.MaryMack(inblack)

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 2:52 pm
Likely he just wants some cuddle time with you, don't put him in then, but hold him off till 12 and see what happens.

myym

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 3:21 pm
My baby sometimes does the same thing. He just wants alittle rest. So put him in the crib, let him drink and chill, and then take him out. What's the issue?
He just wants to rest. If he is not ready to nap take him out. Why in the world would you let him cry because YOU thought he wanted to nap? I think you are very mistaken about the whole situation.
If this is your first maybe read a book on baby schedules and parenting...(Im an avid reader of all parenting books. Babies aren't born with instructions : ) )

MrsDash

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 4:51 pm
Why is everyone so sensitive about the use of the word crazy to describe your baby? I call my little guy a nut case sometimes because he acts like one. Let OP call him whatever she wants. It's not like he's going to develop a complex at this age and mistake himself for being a crazy person. Just like he won't remember you changing his diapers and sticking a thermometer in his butt.

I also have an 18 month old who has a kooky napping routine. Sometimes he'll nap for 3 hours and sometimes it'll only last 45 minutes. Lately though he hasn't been napping and plays in his crib for 30 - 45 minutes. And even though he didn't nap he is still refreshed from having his own chill time. I think it's just their age. Your little one will get right back to schedule. It's just a waiting game.

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Mar 04 2016, 1:12 pm
People are so intense?? she's anon, venting, let her speak.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics