Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Divorce Court Israel

amother
Jade

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 2:12 pm
What happens at the first appointment at the Rabbanut regarding divorce? Do you get your get then? (It's proving to be a nasty divorce.) Lawyer said I should bring people. I have no family here. How many people should I bring and why? What happens at the hearing? Any info or advice is welcome. TIA

Marion

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 2:15 pm
Are you using the Rabbanut just for the get or for division of property and custody issues as well? It makes a difference.

amother
Jade

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 2:17 pm
Everything.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 12:53 am
I have heard they try hard to convince you to reconcile no matter what. Bring a rabbi if possible - someone who knows Hebrew and can look and talk very frum - you need someone on your side who they will respect. Good luck and many many many hugs! You can do this!

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 1:22 am
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3062880/

Watch this

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 1:23 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3062880/

Watch this

It was on amazon prime for free a while ago, might still be.

So sad.

Tablepoetry

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 1:39 am
Why isnt your lawyer guiding you through this?
And did your lawyer advise the rabbanut? Some say civil court is friendlier to women.
That said, I know several couples who went to the rabbanut for only the divorce (all else through civil), and since there were no arguments/fights they were in and out, went fast.
I believe you must each bring one or two witnesses to sign final document, but that's at the end. I am not sure it will be ready first appointment but who knows.
They kind of request male witnesses but legally they must accept women too, and very very often people bring women as witnesses.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 1:59 am
I'm having trouble reaching my lawyer. I didn't choose to file at the Rabbanut - my husband filed first without telling me he wants a divorce. There will probably be arguments about everything. His lawyer is nasty and helping him make up lies about me. Suing for custody, claiming I'm incompetent, psychiatric case, irreparable damage to children, etc. I hope my lawyer is as good or better. I'm still not sure who to bring with me and what will happen.

Marion

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 3:56 pm
If he filed first in Rabbinical Court and is being nasty you're in trouble...especially if you have boys.

heidi

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 4:02 pm
PM me
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions