Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Keep missing work because my own kids are sick!!
Previous  1  2

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Mar 07 2016, 11:42 am
OP, I hope this helps your outlook:

I'm in the teaching field and I am always surprised how many people are absent on a regular basis. But they all hard workers and are extremely dedicated . I see them returning to their same positions each year because all of their hard work is valued and appreciated despite any absences. Thats why substitute teachers and other substitutes have jobs too!

So please dont be so hard on yourself. Thank G-d you are home with your sick child and you can care for him. What sick child if at all can be prevented wants to feel sick with a strange woman in the house?

Your most important job is mom.
Be a great worker at work, and stay positive .That is why they hired you!

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Mar 07 2016, 1:14 pm
amother wrote:
What are your kids getting that make them "sick"?. Is there any way they can still go to school? Do they just have bad colds/coughs?

Fevers. Banned from school.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Mar 07 2016, 1:16 pm
amother wrote:
OP, I hope this helps your outlook:

I'm in the teaching field and I am always surprised how many people are absent on a regular basis. But they all hard workers and are extremely dedicated . I see them returning to their same positions each year because all of their hard work is valued and appreciated despite any absences. Thats why substitute teachers and other substitutes have jobs too!

So please dont be so hard on yourself. Thank G-d you are home with your sick child and you can care for him. What sick child if at all can be prevented wants to feel sick with a strange woman in the house?

Your most important job is mom.
Be a great worker at work, and stay positive .That is why they hired you!

Thank you. This is nice to hear. I've been there a long time, but am starting to panic at how I've blown through my sick days. In the process of googling around for backup sitters.

gold21

Post Mon, Mar 07 2016, 1:34 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you. This is nice to hear. I've been there a long time, but am starting to panic at how I've blown through my sick days. In the process of googling around for backup sitters.

Sigh.

Its hard to balance these 2 equally demanding commitments - that of Mom and that of Employee. You are touching on an issue that society tends to sweep under the rug.

Try not to feel worried about it. You are doing the right thing by being available to your children when they are sick. Good luck.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics