Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Joy of Kosher Magazine #israelissue + Win 1 yr subscription
1  2  3  Next

Yael

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 1:36 pm

Win a free 1 year subscription!

Post a comment with your favorite israeli restaurant or food.

In pursuit of presenting fresh, informative, and trendy food topics to the kosher consumer, the Joy of Kosher editorial team embarked on a seven-day food journey through Israel to discover the best of what Israel has to offer. The just-released mid-winter issue is a compilation of this trip and provides a feast for the senses, functioning as both a food guide of Israel and as a way of bringing the flavors of Israel into your kitchen.

Going far beyond putting recipes on a page, the latest visually stunning issue will transport readers to the markets, vineyards, farms, and fine dining destinations of Israel through a day-by-day account of the magazine team’s trip. Paging through the magazine is a virtual tour through the shuk of Machane Yehuda, the streets of Tel Aviv, the hills of the Shiloh winery and beyond, making this a useful guide for future trips to the Holy Land.

Tom Franz, MasterChef winner of the popular MasterChef Israel TV competition, shares his favorite pastry spots throughout the Land of Israel. Using his multitude of connections, Tom collected secret recipes from the best pastry chefs around. Meir Adoni, chef of Blue Sky & Lumina at the Carlton Hotel in Tel Aviv, gives an inside look at what it takes to run a restaurant empire. Amichai, winemaker of the award-winning Shiloh Winery shares winemaking secrets, tips, and wonderful recipes. Eli Mizrahi shares his tale of revolutionizing Shuk Machne Yehuda. Reading through the newest issue, you will encounter many more incredible personalities and food-related stories.

“This was a daunting trip to plan,” shares Shifra Klein, editor-in-chief of JOK. “We spent 14-16 hours each day food touring Israel, and we left with a book of stories, recipes, and rich, heartwarming tales from the many food personalities we met. Condensing our trip into one issue was a challenge that resulted in an issue jam-packed with lots to read and over 45 Israel-inspired recipes.”

The recipes featured in this issue include a mix of classics —like falafel, hummus, and pita—and modern Israeli cuisine, like Druze-inspired toast and red-beet mostarda pasta. This magazine truly is a tasty adventure, complemented with beautiful images from across Israel. Filled with tips, tricks, and ideas, this magazine is a great gift idea for the kosher cook in your life.

Joy of Kosher magazine is offering a subscription special in honor of Purim on their website: www.joyofkosher.com/subscribe or call 1-855-JOY-OF-KOSHER (1855-569-6356) Email: Support@joyofkosher.com for bulk orders or to add a copy or Gift Subscription to your Mishloach Manot baskets

Sponsored Post

working hard

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 1:43 pm
My favorite Isreali food feature is the sesame seeds on top of everything! it feels like. I like the seeds and the extra bit nutrition they throw in there.

bigsis144

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 1:53 pm
Glazed pecans from the pitzuchim stall in the shuk
Cheese borekas

INSPIREME

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 2:09 pm
Schwarma from Pita Hut in Lakewood

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 2:18 pm
There is a little Israeli place not so far from me that makes the most amazing fresh falafel and sabich and shakshuka and melawach.

Bored

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 2:30 pm
my kids love chumus!

luvinlife

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 2:30 pm
Greg's of course and their haloumi salad is amazing!

Heyaaa

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 2:42 pm
My favorites foods are:
Falafel, although it's better in some places than others.
Sabich from Cafe Aroma.
Shakshouka, my personal recipe.

mommy43

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 2:56 pm
Shwarma from הלו תימן

SYA

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 3:12 pm
Frozen yogurt (mitzei uri, if I recall correctly, from over 15 years ago!) from the old city of yerushalayim.

Had it once and nothing can compare in America or Canada.

Also Schwarma from a stand in the central bus station in Tel Aviv.
Unfortunately, it is no longer there as R' P closed it a few years ago.

Last edited by SYA on Tue, Mar 08 2016, 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

sleepybeauty

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 3:12 pm
Israeli olives and cheeses Heart

Ms.MaryMack(inblack)

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 3:13 pm
Gils (the israeli lebens)

mommy100

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 3:17 pm
Berakas. No one makes it as good as Angels

water_bear88

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 3:32 pm
The beet sauce at Pasta Basta in Machane Yehuda- though I haven't been in a couple of years.

flower3

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 4:04 pm
I love schwarma,pita ,falafel, hummus,babaganush.

nycgal

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 4:06 pm
Falafel, it's been way too long since I was there😞

Marion

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 4:44 pm
Current favourite restaurants (Jerusalem):

Dairy - Piccolino (used to be in Ticho House)
Meat - Eldad v'Zehu

rachel6543

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 4:49 pm
When I was in israel my favorite food was the cheese and fresh produce - esp the red bell peppers. Yum!

bananasplit

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 5:47 pm
Falafel and shwarma lafa with french fries inside

out-of-towner

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 5:47 pm
I like shnitzel in a fresh lafa with all of the fixings! Can't get any tastier than that!!!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics