Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Failed eye exam?

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Mar 09 2016, 6:27 pm
My 6 year old daughrer came home today with a form that said she failed an eye exam that was given today in school by the NYC department of health. The form stated that she needs to be seen by an eye doctor and that her far vision was 20/40. The form needs to be filled out by an eye doctor and brought back to school asap. I have never heard of a school doing eye exams. Has anyone else's children come home with a form like this from school? Is this a new thing that schools are doing now? My daughter was at the pediatrician back in November for a well check and she passed the eye exam just fine.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Mar 09 2016, 6:36 pm
they've done eye exams in schools for ages. my dd came home with a form too, and I never sent it back. she already had glasses, so she goes to the eye doctor regularly anyway. it's a good idea to get your kid's eyes checked if she didn't do well on the exam in school.

miami85

Post Wed, Mar 09 2016, 6:37 pm
I remember having vision screenings when I was a kid. My son recently failed his eye exam at the doctor's office. We figured it was inevitable since my husband and I both wear glasses.

asp40

Post Wed, Mar 09 2016, 7:29 pm
Yes, schools are required to do this. Take her to an eye doctor just to make sure all is well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children