Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Leah Eisdorfer A"H (car accident 3/9/16)

seeker

Post Wed, Mar 09 2016, 10:30 pm
I just read about this on the news and felt so sad, I wanted to create a little moment of silence here for her.

I met her a few times as a friend of a friend, but even in that context it was clear that she was a very special person with a lot of warmth and an exceptionally good heart for caring for others.

And of course also a very loving mother. My heart goes out to the child who is going to miss her terribly, the baby who will never remember her, and the middle one who probably is both missing her now and will barely remember her later.

Such a horrible, horrible, tragedy and feels even worse when it hits close to home. I'm just so sad.

boysrus

Post Wed, Mar 09 2016, 10:37 pm
I never knew her, but it made me cry to read about the accident that claimed her life today Crying
so sad, it is so true what you say about the children Sad how old are they, seeker?

seeker

Post Wed, Mar 09 2016, 10:58 pm
I don't know exactly, but the oldest is maybe 6 or 7, the youngest is a real baby baby - for sure less than a year, and there is one in middle that I don't remember but I would guess around 3 because I think he was vaguely around my kid's age.

So totally out of the blue. I guess by nature I'm more of an angry than a sad person, so when I am shocked and upset about a terrorist attack it channels right into anger at the terrorists, and the people who incite them, and the media reporting, etc. But with something like this the sad just sits on my heart. (you could mussar about how terrorism is just as much from G-d and being angry is poor bitachon, but I'm ok with it if it gives me a channel out of the sadness because there's only so much tragedy you can just sink into and still function and live.)

debsey

Post Wed, Mar 09 2016, 11:03 pm
I know. I've been "ois mentch" since I heard. I didn't know her, but she lived close to a friend of mine, so I've been on that block - and on that stretch of New Hampshire Avenue - a zillion times. It just makes it hit so close to home. So young, and with three pitzlach.

freedomseek

Post Wed, Mar 09 2016, 11:04 pm
So sad, it hurts. Hashem should have only rachmanus on us all.

gp2.0

Post Wed, Mar 09 2016, 11:13 pm
I cried when I heard about it...so heartbreaking. I'm her age and have my own little ones and one of my deepest fears is that I'll die before they grow up and I won't be there for them when they need me c'v. So it hits close to home for me even though I didn't know her. We are all sisters and a young mother's sudden death is a blow to us all. Sad

balibusta

Post Wed, Mar 09 2016, 11:14 pm
She was a tall beautiful girl with a stunning voice an amazing actress but sooo tzinuah in her dress and character..a real role model.. A v downto earth girl that realized what was important in life..And a worked on girl that was always growing ..In school she took the teachers and the lessins to heart..she married a real ben torah a v chasuva boy and thats what she wanted..she will b surely missed..

readines55

Post Wed, Mar 09 2016, 11:55 pm
This is so sad. Just listened to the hespeidim (they were short and was more chizzuk because of rosh chodesh) but they all mentioned her simcha hachaim and how she lived in the moment. My heart is broken. Her husband, parents, inlaws, sibblings, children and friends will miss her. It is so frightening how she started her day just like we all did, put her baby in the car probably to run an errand and her life ended a couple of minutes later. It is just so tragic!

tigerwife

Post Thu, Mar 10 2016, 12:59 am
She was a real person, so good and made so many people happy. May H' grant Nechama to her family and friends. It's such a shock.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Mar 10 2016, 9:20 am
I still can't comprehend that it's real. How can a tragedy like this happen? I did not know here well, but was acquainted with her. She was a real tzanuah and a devoted wife and mother. My heart goes out to her family. May her neshama find an elevated peace and may she be a Melitza Yeshara for all of us.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Mar 10 2016, 10:06 am
balibusta wrote:
She was a tall beautiful girl with a stunning voice an amazing actress

IIRC she used to run the Bnos Yaakov program - they put on a performance every year where upper elementary school grade girls across Lakewood can participate, or something like that. I remember that DD had friends that participated a few years ago.

Growing

Post Thu, Mar 10 2016, 10:12 am
The Bashefer should send a nechama to her family friends and to all of us.

A story like this breaks the heart but because we are maaminim, hopefully, not the spirit.

I did not know Leah but it doesn't matter.
She was a Yidishe mama. A woman with hopes dreams goals. And now she is no more.
It is beyond difficult to think of her husband and young children.

Somehow these type of tragedies make me so uneasy. Like I'm supposed to be getting a message that I can't decipher.

May we hear the shofar shel moshiach real soon.

HonesttoGod

Post Thu, Mar 10 2016, 10:56 am
This freaked me out.
I drive every single day with my kids in the car and I always imagine CH"V what would be if I got into an accident. It is so scary. Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics