Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Chassidim: Do you like Trump because he's like a Rebbe?
Previous  1  2

Maya

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 8:28 am
wondergirl wrote:
But he gave everyone health insurance, legalized millions of illegal aliens (or tried to anyway), and did everything he can to help change America for the better. He made a great deal with Iran, ignoring what Israel had to say about it (and since Chasidim are anti-Israel, then they must have supported it and been happy with it), etc. So why would you say that Obama is not well liked by the chasidim?

Mainly because he was on the Democratic tickets, but also bcause he's black and supports gay marriage, among other reasons. Why should they care about health insurance, immigrants, or the Iran deal?

Its a long established practice that Chassidim, whose religious views are in line with right wing groups, vote Republican in presidential elections.

Maya

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 8:29 am
DrMom wrote:
I'm not the hugger, but I think your posts on this thread have been rather passive-aggressive. If you can't take it, don't dish it out...

What are you talking about?

cnc

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 8:31 am
Agree with Maya that chassidim usually vote Republican.
I don't know of a single chassid (in my circle ) that voted for Obama.

wondergirl

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 8:32 am
youngishbear wrote:
Talk about blanket statements.

Chassidim are not all anti-Israel, for starters.

But ALL of Trumps supporters are uneducated and racists who prefer bombastic statements over real leadership... Talk about blanket statements.

youngishbear

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 8:56 am
wondergirl wrote:
But ALL of Trumps supporters are uneducated and racists who prefer bombastic statements over real leadership... Talk about blanket statements.

Right... that's why I said talk about blanket statements. This thread is full of them, including some of my own.

wondergirl

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 9:00 am
Maya wrote:
Mainly because he was on the Democratic tickets, but also bcause he's black and supports gay marriage, among other reasons. Why should they care about health insurance, immigrants, or the Iran deal?

Its a long established practice that Chassidim, whose religious views are in line with right wing groups, vote Republican in presidential elections.

If they don't care about health insurance, illegal aliens, or Iran/Israel then why should they care about gay rights or black people? And what do they care about?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics