Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Natural "Medicine" for Meningitis - Tragically doesn't work
Previous  1  2

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 1:54 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I thought it was retracted that they had a home business, and rather he worked for a company, not ran it?
Anyway, it looks to me that the most major mistake was in thinking it was viral, not bacterial meningitis, in which case antibiotics wouldn't have helped.
I am seeing only speculation it was bacterial, but I'm not seeing confirmation. Was it bacterial?

The autopsy confirmed that it was a combination of bacterial meningitis and pneumonia.

One little vaccine would have prevented all of this, and he could have lived to drink more ginger tea with horseradish.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 9:52 am
To people who said what's the difference, I was actually responding to the poster above me who said antibiotics would have helped. I was just looking for confirmation on that, since what I had read was that the parents thought it was viral, and I was not sure if it was confirmed bacterial. I don't disagree with getting medical attention!

blueberries

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 5:53 pm
A southern Alberta father has been sentenced to four months in jail and his wife to three months of house arrest, after being found guilty of failing to provide the necessaries of life for their 19-month-old son, who died from bacterial meningitis.

David Stephan, 33, and his wife Collet, 36, were convicted by a Lethbridge jury in April after their trial was told they used naturopathic remedies rather than seeking medical treatment for the boy.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/.....50653

Amarante

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 6:26 pm
Good.

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 7:22 pm
Amarante wrote:
It gets sticky when the claim is made on religious grounds - Christian Scientists and Jehovahs Witnesses but there have been a few cases where the courts have decided in favor of the child in terms of providing treatment. ...

Actually there are a number of cases nationaly (past 2 years) of parents being jailed for not providing necessary medical care to children. The majority of these folks have depending on prayer, which has resulted in dead kids. A simple google will provide you with info. Yes, in some states some religions are protected to a certain extent. But that is not true in all cases nor is it a get out of jail free card.

ETA. I cannot understand how a reasonable parent can stand back and watch their child suffer. And suffer he did.

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 7:43 pm
blueberries wrote:
A southern Alberta father has been sentenced to four months in jail and his wife to three months of house arrest, after being found guilty of failing to provide the necessaries of life for their 19-month-old son, who died from bacterial meningitis.

David Stephan, 33, and his wife Collet, 36, were convicted by a Lethbridge jury in April after their trial was told they used naturopathic remedies rather than seeking medical treatment for the boy.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/.....50653

4 months is a joke for murder.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Jun 27 2016, 7:57 am
notshanarishona wrote:
4 months is a joke for murder.

It's a homeopathic sentence ...

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Jun 27 2016, 8:26 am
imasoftov wrote:
It's a homeopathic sentence ...

That doesn't make it ok.