Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Help Wanted
Eisdorfer family - please help
1  2  Next

mommydearest

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 7:32 pm
A gofundme campaign has been set up for the family. They r truly in need. Any amount can help.

Tizku lmitzvos.

https://www.gofundme.com/b5uwjah8

Don't know how to change forum. Please guide me so that it is not in announcements and mazal tov

[this seems to be legit so I have brought the thread back from hiding- Yael]

cnc

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 7:54 pm
Who's running the Go fund me page and ensuring that the money is actually directed to the family?

There is no actual information on the page.

mommydearest

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 9:00 pm
My understanding is that it is one of the cousins that has set up the gofundme page and is in charge of managing their financial needs. I believe you can contact the organizer directly and find out who they are directly.

Update: contact informaiton has been updated Contact heshykahan@yahoo.com

Candees

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 10:09 pm
removed

Last edited by Candees on Tue, Mar 15 2016, 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Mevater

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 10:20 pm
Candees wrote:
I am very wary of this!!! I knew her and I know her family. They are not the kind of people who you would need to raise money for, they are a well connected family. Not to mention she didnt work, so Im not sure what has changed in the situation.

I was thinking the exact same. Is there anyone who knows the siblings who can confirm with the siblings or the siblings spouses (or anyone trustworthy thats very close to the parents and sibs) that this is legitimate?

maestro

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 10:22 pm
This is a legitimate campaign. I knew her currently and know her family very well. Rabbi Heshy Kahn is a first cousin and very well respected in Brooklyn. Whatever you may have known about her family, the husband needs a lot of help now and they are not financially secure.

If you are doubtful email him and ask him your questions. Don't assume anything just because you feel that "They are not the kind of people who you would need to raise money for, they are a well connected family." We never know people's true situation.

Hashem should watch over all of us never to be in this place.

maestro

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 10:26 pm
I also know that the family did not want to ask for help initially but have now been willing to accept help from the general public. It is very difficult for them to be in this matzav. Please - let's try and be sensitive with our comments.

Candees

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 12:39 am
removed

Last edited by Candees on Tue, Mar 15 2016, 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total

oliveoil

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 1:41 am
Candees wrote:
Not to mention she didnt work, so Im not sure what has changed in the situation.

Are you serious?!

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 2:22 am
Even if a mother doesn't work, without a mother in the home the dad needs to pay for child care, cleaning help, cooking, etc.. Not to mention helping the kids get the help they need to get over the tragedy. There is no such a thing of being the type to not need help when crisis strikes.
ETA- I don't know the family and am commenting in a general sense.

babysmum

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 4:42 am
There's a $100 donation lusted under Donald trump. Just wondering is that's for real or is it possible sometime wanted to remain anonymous and was in the mood of making a matzav?

shevi82

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 5:40 am
Candees wrote:
I am very wary of this!!! I knew her and I know her family. They are not the kind of people who you would need to raise money for, they are a well connected family. Not to mention she didnt work, so Im not sure what has changed in the situation.

I don't know the family. But you are asking what changed the situation?! a mother died. they will need alot of money to help raise three young children, housework help, mental help, when raising orphans much more money is needed then a when the family is whole.

cnc

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 7:25 am
Candees wrote:
Sensitive?? I have a very hard time believing that the family would want to raise money in such a shameful way. Anybody can start a gofundme page and take advantage of people's emotions by playing on a tragedy to raise money. The whole thing makes no sense.

I know the family as well and was surprised to see the gofundme page.
I would love to donate, but wanted to verify the legitimacy of the page first. There have been incidents of "tzedaka" being collected without any of it going to the family.
There is no mention of money being collected on any Jewish news site and when money is collected for such a tragedy usually the fund is administered by a Rav or someone trustworthy.
I am sure that this cousin is a very trustworthy person, but people will most likely be more comfortable giving if a well-known person is running the campaign.

cnc

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 7:27 am
Also, the person who is supposedly running the campaign posted his email address twice, differently.
If anyone knows him personally, maybe you should tell him to correct it.

Raisin

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 7:34 am
It always amazes me how much it costs to replace a "non working" mother. (even if all her kids are in school, but all the more so if not)

If you are getting life insurance, get for both of you!

cnc

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 7:37 am
Raisin wrote:
It always amazes me how much it costs to replace a "non working" mother. (even if all her kids are in school, but all the more so if not)

This is absolutely true. My life insurance agent says life insurance is just as important for the woman, even if she doesn't work. Childcare and housecare cost lots of money. Sad

lkwdlady

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 8:00 am
Raisin wrote:

That's because a mothers job priceless... Nothing can really ever replace a mother.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 9:37 am
cnc wrote:
I know the family as well and was surprised to see the gofundme page.
I would love to donate, but wanted to verify the legitimacy of the page first. There have been incidents of "tzedaka" being collected without any of it going to the family.
There is no mention of money being collected on any Jewish news site and when money is collected for such a tragedy usually the fund is administered by a Rav or someone trustworthy.
I am sure that this cousin is a very trustworthy person, but people will most likely be more comfortable giving if a well-known person is running the campaign.

It's mentioned on the lakewood scoop. I'm surprised that people presume that money is not needed when a mother has passed away. I'm amazed that people think they know a family's situation without being in their shoes.

married123

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 9:55 am
Just wondering if anyone confirmed this is real and going to the family as I would love to donate....

mommydearest

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 6:45 am
Lakewood scoop has confirmed on their front page

http://www.thelakewoodscoop.co......html

Mr. Eisdorfer, the father has commented on the go fund page with thanks.

Again, the go fund link is:

https://www.gofundme.com/b5uwjah8

Tizku Lmitzvos.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics