Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
The Trumpe Rebbe
1  2  Next

gold21

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 10:17 pm
That thread about the Trump-Rebbe correlation is locked so I cant access it to comment on the annoying hugging that I noticed there. But on a frum website, where u ppl consider yourselves to be frum decent ppl, a poster specifically asked that nobody hug her post and she recieved 3 hugs on that post alone.

Im sure that actions over the internet dont feel the same as actions in real life, but that doesn't mean that aggravating someone else via the web is appropriate halachically.

Just thought I would share my thoughts here, since that thread was locked Wink

tigerwife

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 10:44 pm
I maintain that hugs should not be anonymous. I saw what you are referring to and it makes me cringe. You would think that since this site is for woman who are/have been married already, there would be a more mature tone in general.

And lol about your thread title Smile .

youngishbear

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 10:50 pm
Immediate reaction was nooo... not again...

I agree with OP.

sequoia

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 11:02 pm
Hug ME.

gold21

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 11:04 pm
Im also wondering, if hugging has been brought up so many times as a point of contention for posters here, why doesnt the administration of this board try to correct the issue?

Thoughts?

Yael

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 11:31 pm
I have posted several times not to abuse hugs.
Unfortunately I don't have the ability to see who is giving hugs or likes.
I don't believe that it's worth it for me to develop a code that will allow me to see names just so that I can give warnings or punishments to those who use hugs inappropriately.
Sadly some people thrive on negative attention and others enjoy stirring up trouble for the fun of it.
Malicious hugs should be simply ignored.

I will look into removing hugging from certain forums. I'm not sure if it would work.

marina

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 11:33 pm
perhaps another option is a "disagree" button.

happybeingamom

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 11:45 pm
marina wrote:
perhaps another option is a "disagree" button.

No, if you disagree you have to explain why. If someone doesn't want to bother typing why they disagree then they need to remain silent.

gold21

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 12:03 am
Yael wrote:
I have posted several times not to abuse hugs.
Unfortunately I don't have the ability to see who is giving hugs or likes.
I don't believe that it's worth it for me to develop a code that will allow me to see names just so that I can give warnings or punishments to those who use hugs inappropriately.
Sadly some people thrive on negative attention and others enjoy stirring up trouble for the fun of it.
Malicious hugs should be simply ignored.

I will look into removing hugging from certain forums. I'm not sure if it would work.

Thanks for your response.

I think disabling the anonymous feature in certain forums was helpful in minimizing trolling comments.

I would imagine that if the same could be done with the hug feature, a similar outcome could be achieved.

Again, thanks for responding!

marina

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 12:14 am
happybeingamom wrote:
No, if you disagree you have to explain why. If someone doesn't want to bother typing why they disagree then they need to remain silent.

you don't need to explain your disagreement anymore than you need to explain your like or your hug. You can if you want, but there's no requirement, lol.

Maya

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 7:24 am
gold21 wrote:
Thanks for your response.

I think disabling the anonymous feature in certain forums was helpful in minimizing trolling comments.

I would imagine that if the same could be done with the hug feature, a similar outcome could be achieved.

Again, thanks for responding!

I agree. Thank you gold for bringing this up again.

I know the right thing to do would be to ignore, it's just so hard to know you took the time to write a long serious post and it gets patronized and minimized, and I think those reading it don't get the message the way it was intended.

Removing it from forums where the discussions usually do not revolve around people's personal problems would likely be very helpful.

Heyaaa

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 8:11 am
I didn't hug her post asking that no one hug her but I took those hugs to be a tease. Not that they don't like her but they think they're being funny. Of course I didn't hug her so I can't say I understand the mindset and I don't know who did so I can't say for sure but that is how I understood it.

Ps I agree there should be a disagree button so at least I understand why I'm being hugged.

happybeingamom

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 9:54 am
marina wrote:
you don't need to explain your disagreement anymore than you need to explain your like or your hug. You can if you want, but there's no requirement, lol.

In theory you are right but since people will be hurt,

Everyone likes a like but people will feel hurt with a disagree. Explaining why you disagree is the way to go in my opinion.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 10:08 am
marina wrote:

I think a dislike button could be a form of onaas devarim in a way that a reasoned reply would not be. (And I did NOT hug your post Wink )

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 10:18 am
I didn't see the thread you are referring to but why should receiving hugs send someone over the edge? Hugs are nice. What am I missing?

gold21

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 10:52 am
MiracleMama wrote:
I didn't see the thread you are referring to but why should receiving hugs send someone over the edge? Hugs are nice. What am I missing?

I dont think anyone has been sent over the edge.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 11:13 am
Can we try a disagree button on select forums? As in a trial run.
Though my guess would be that the same poster who insists on hugging every one of Maya's posts will just disagree with her. Maya, maybe someone is just obsessed with you, sort of like a crush.

happyfaces

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 11:16 am
Iymnok wrote:
Though my guess would be that the same poster who insists on hugging every one of Maya's posts will just disagree with her. Maya, maybe someone is just obsessed with you, sort of like a crush.

I don't think its only Maya. Unless someone has a crush on the majority.

Maya

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 11:34 am
Iymnok wrote:

Very flattering, but it's not only me LOL Others have complained to me about it as well. I've been seeing it happen for a while now, almost every single one of my posts on every thread gets a hug, but yesterday it was like someone was stalking me. Thirty seconds wouldn't pass before every post I wrote was hugged. It was annoying the heck out of me, so I mentioned it.

Maya

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 11:35 am
Also, there's an obviously unwell person hugging every post on this thread, too. I won't be sorry to see the feature go.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics