Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Toms River (and Lakewood) in the news
Previous  1  2  3

Faigy86

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 2:52 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
That's kind of what I'm wondering. If you are taught your whole life that "g-yim" hate us no matter what we do, always, doesn't that take off some of the impetus to make a kiddush Hashem?

I don't think the two messages have anything to do with each other.
1 - we have a mitzva to make shem shamayim misahev through us.
2 - we believe that eisav sonei es yaakov and there is an underlying, irrational tendency towards animosity that non-Jews have.

kiddush Hashem/chillul Hashem is not about getting non-Jews to like us.

Simple1

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 2:52 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
That's kind of what I'm wondering. If you are taught your whole life that "g-yim" hate us no matter what we do, always, doesn't that take off some of the impetus to make a kiddush Hashem?

The opposite. Because they are prone to dislike us, all the more so, we have to be careful with our actions.

Mevater

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 3:01 pm
Am I the only one who thinks this and many other threads should not be seen by non members? You never know what direction any non-recipe thread takes, and the likelihood of it becoming a "them and us" discussion.

sourstix

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 4:12 pm
I was also taught how we need to be careful of chillul hashem. even though they hate us. and yes such a thread should not be seen on a public forum just like mevater mentioned. anyone googling can see this.

I always tell my kids to be careful what we say and do out of the house. bec the world is watching us.

never ever was I taught bec they hate us do what you want. never ever. that is so sick.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics