Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Low imamother member post counts
1  2  3  Next

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 1:50 pm
Every now and then I'll see a poster with xx or xxx number of posts over 5 or nearly 10 years and I'm so curious: how do they do it? I've come up with possible answers:
- Going on frequent hiatus
- Limiting forums they read/reply to
- Actually having lives

But I will admit it: sometimes I read a post and think, this is what she came out of hiding for?

I kept this amother-enabled vs. say chit chat, but apologies, replying does up your count Very Happy

bigsis144

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 1:56 pm
Maybe some people are long-time lurkers?
They need the username just to access many of the forums, and read a lot but don't feel like contributing much.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 1:58 pm
Some of us double and triple think each post before we even think of typing it and then again and again before pressing submit because we have fragile self-esteems and can't deal with the judgement for having this or that opinion.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 2:00 pm
amother wrote:
Some of us double and triple think each post before we even think of typing it and then again and again before pressing submit because we have fragile self-esteems and can't deal with the judgement for having this or that opinion.

Hugs. I hope you'll post often, even as amother. I'd love to know how you think!

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 2:00 pm
I'm one of those imamothers you are referring to. I'm on imamother a lot - but I don't like posting . So I read and rarely I post - especially when I have an exact response to someone in need.
Many times when I already decide to post - I write an entire post and a second before posting it I think : is it going to make a difference if I post this ?
The answer is usually "no"
So I move on without posting.

Another reason I don't like posting is because my English isn't great and I feel like I don't explain myself the best I can ( it's my third language).

penguin

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 2:02 pm
Quote:
Another reason I don't like posting is because my English isn't great and I feel like I don't explain myself the best I can ( it's my third language).
Silver, I just wanted to let you know your post was well-written and I did not detect any non-first-language-ness in your post at all!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 2:08 pm
penguin wrote:
Quote:
Silver, I just wanted to let you know your post was well-written and I did not detect any non-first-language-ness in your post at all!

Same here. Speaking three languages is AWESOME! You've got nothing to be ashamed of, and besides, we're pretty tolerant of non English-first posters. Just don't write in "teen text speak", and it's all good!

I post a lot because I'm American, and we all know that Americans never shut up. Wink

Oh wait, I'm Israeli now. Does that mean I should post REALLY LOUDLY? LOL

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 2:11 pm
Thank you embarrassed
I generally enjoy intellectual discussions and many times they get very heated and then there's (close to )zero tolerance for second/third language level ...

cm

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 2:12 pm
Wait, you mean this thread isn't about bed linens?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 2:13 pm
cm wrote:
Wait, you mean this thread isn't about bed linens?
LOL LOL LOL

I hear the linens in Mitzrayim have the highest count. Wink

Flower Girl

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 2:20 pm
I'm another one of those. I'll give you 3 reasons for your 3 theories.

1. I log onto this site for leisure reading and it's usually done through mobile device which I have difficulty typing on. (I do like👍 though)

2. My response was already given through other posters.

3. I actually do have a life (a pretty busy one) so I unfortunately find myself come on here seasonally.

Reason I answered this is because I am curious how many posts I have 😀

STMommy

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 2:32 pm
I'm afraid of giving wrong or bad advice.
Every year when I clap ashamnu (ya'atznu ra) and al chet I think of imamother.

morningsickness

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 2:34 pm
I don't post that often because my thoughts just seem to run to quickly for me to formulate into words and then type it all up. And though English is my mother tongue, I speak another language too pretty often so I think that makes me find it harder to formulate my thoughts into writing.

I often write these long, long, beautifully written posts in my head, but it usually occurs late a tnight when I'm in bed trying to fall asleep. I wake up the next morning and I think to myself:'what in the world was that gr8 thread topic I thought about last night?" and of course I don't remember...

ALso, some of the posters here have a really good grasp of written english. I enjoy reading their posts very much, as I really appreciate a well written post. However, I also feel intimidated by them...

causemommysaid

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 2:42 pm
now I am curious about how many posts I have

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 2:45 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you embarrassed
I generally enjoy intellectual discussions and many times they get very heated and then there's (close to )zero tolerance for second/third language level ...

I think if you would mention in your post that English is not your first language, women would be understanding.
I made the unfortunate mistake of offending a women for whom English was her second language. Since then, I have never commented on awkwardly written posts just in case it was written by an non English speaker. I still feel terrible about what I said.

Talya

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 2:49 pm
I post a lot as amother. I still have fairly high count. I don't use amother to bash anyone but don't want anything remotely personal in any posts. I often type posts that I delete when amother is disabled.

shacn

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 3:06 pm
does the post number go up even if you post annonymously? what are the stars about? I dont even know! lol. and I made my account a while back in 2012 to see some recipes when I was single, and I came back on when I was married since I can relate to many of the posts on here now.

edit: I guess it was 2013 Smile

I post a lot as annoymously, so I assume thats why my count is so low!

Moonlight

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 3:11 pm
STMommy wrote:
I'm afraid of giving wrong or bad advice.
Every year when I clap ashamnu (ya'atznu ra) and al chet I think of imamother.

Lol!

Moonlight

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 3:12 pm
I've gotten offended by responses. Some people here can be super critical.

pause

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 3:27 pm
Your post count goes up even when you post anonymously.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics