Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Osher Ad opening new store in NY

water_bear88

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 8:25 am
http://www.timesofisrael.com/I.....york/

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 8:38 am
We've all been wondering about who bought the pathmark space.

ahuva06

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 8:43 am
just why.

water_bear88

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 8:46 am
becca wrote:
just why.

Business, I guess? Expanding their markets.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 10:19 am
strange. what could they get out of it?

tigerwife

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 11:30 am
That is too funny. Will they be selling Israeli products? Do thy hope to compete with Costco?

imasoftov

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 11:48 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
strange. what could they get out of it?

Profits?

Ms.MaryMack(inblack)

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 1:11 pm
this is really strange. WHat will they get out of it?

water_bear88

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 1:16 pm
What is so strange about a kosher supermarket (and one of the cheaper chains in Israel, I might add) looking to cut into the next-largest market of Orthodox consumers? Why do American companies open stores in other countries?

Ms.MaryMack(inblack)

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 1:35 pm
It's strange because Osher Ad, is trying to be like an American supermarket. It's weird when you try to imitate something in that country. Like "bringing straw to Ephraim a city full of straw, or magic to Mitzrayim a city full of magic" Here they are bringing an American supermarket to NY, which created the American supermarket. So it's just strange to me.

juggling

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 3:14 pm
Right, I don't get it. Osher ad is a unique supermarket in Israel. But there is nothing about their concept that would stand out in New York. It just doesn't make sense.

piegirl

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 4:23 pm
Maybe they will import Israeli products? Like the opposite of what they do in Israel.

fluffernutter

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 4:42 pm
I'm kind of hoping that they will then have more access to American products and import them to Israel, and sell them at a decent price. That would be wonderful!!!

Ms.MaryMack(inblack)

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 5:06 pm
I wonder if they are also gonna import their long lines to compete with Breadberrys 4 min guarantee?

ahuva06

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 5:24 pm
Ms.MaryMack(inblack) wrote:
It's strange because Osher Ad, is trying to be like an American supermarket. It's weird when you try to imitate something in that country. Like "bringing straw to Ephraim a city full of straw, or magic to Mitzrayim a city full of magic" Here they are bringing an American supermarket to NY, which created the American supermarket. So it's just strange to me.

exactly! I am wondering the same thing. When I go to Osher Ad and see costco garbage bags I do a mini dance in the aisle but if I were in America I'd just go directly to costco. Who needs Osher Ad?!
I guess we shall wait and see..

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 2:32 am
imasoftov wrote:
Profits?
But there is nothing special about their store if it were to be in america. It is just another store, thats all.

heidi

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 2:44 am
becca wrote:
exactly! I am wondering the same thing. When I go to Osher Ad and see costco garbage bags I do a mini dance in the aisle but if I were in America I'd just go directly to costco. Who needs Osher Ad?!
I guess we shall wait and see..

The first time I saw the cutout of the Kirkland guy in Osher Ad I took a picture next to him.
Osher Ad only works where there is no Costco. We are paying double for Costco items than what it costs in NY. So what gimmick or new idea are they actually planning on using in NY?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics