Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
FBI raid in Monsey - Amother enabled
  1  2  3  10  11  12  Next

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 10:59 pm
ROFL wrote:
This story is getting such bad press. Lots of chilul Hashem I hate that people think that they could have gotten away from it.

The raid was designed to garner maximum press. Innocent schools, who got swept up in the furror, are casualties of this type of thinking. It is unfair to blanket condemn without proof.

A more fair approach would be to quietly gather evidence and then make headlines later

Edited to add: I don't believe every school raided was innocent.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 11:03 pm
The offices in satmar Williamsburg were also heavily raided today

Maya

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 11:05 pm
amother wrote:
The raid was designed to garner maximum press. Innocent schools, who got swept up in the furror, are casualties of this type of thinking. It is unfair to blanket condemn without proof.

A more fair approach would be to quietly gather evidence and then make headlines later

Yes, very innocent schools Rolling Eyes
This was reported and discussed years ago, and it was as true then as it is now.

This is what you had to make a new amother enabled thread for?

Mevater

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 11:06 pm
I hope schools who dont allow computer instruction for their students, dont get caught having billed the government for computers for their students! Oy.

cnc

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 11:07 pm
amother wrote:

As far as I understood, evidence has been collected for a few years already.
This is such old news.

cnc

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 11:07 pm
Mevater wrote:
I hope schools who dont allow computer instruction for their students, dont get caught having billed the government for computers for their students! Oy.

That's exactly what happened.

Maya

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 11:08 pm
Mevater wrote:

Too late for that.

Mevater

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 11:12 pm
Too many people doing too much shtick taking too many chances using too many nonsensical excuses and too many people turning a blind eye to it because theyre all too desperate for too much money. Not good.

Last edited by Mevater on Wed, Mar 16 2016, 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

treestump

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 11:15 pm
I actually think having an open, frightening raid IS for the benefit of innocent schools.

It serves as a mighty deterrent for them not to engage in crooked behavior, however tempting, even if it seems that every other school is doing it and getting away with it. It reconfirms that no one is above the law, and no one should think they are.

That being said, I can't even begin to comprehend how these schools thought they could get away with it infinitely.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 11:16 pm
Maya wrote:
This was reported and discussed years ago, and it was as true then as it is now.

Hope I'm not offending you but I realized your posts are always very biased whenever it's about chasidim......

Maya

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 11:21 pm
amother wrote:
Hope I'm not offending you but I realized your posts are always very biased whenever it's about chasidim......

Yeah sure. All these poor innocent schools. Let's take the side of the criminals, and call those who don't deny the truth biased.

youngishbear

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 11:21 pm
amother wrote:

You've got to be kidding me.

Also... you gotta be new here.

LOL

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 11:24 pm
Maya wrote:

I didn't say every school is innocent. I said there are innocent schools who got swept up in this who did legitimate business with the targets of the probe.

What of the children who attend the schools? Some schools were raided after hours. Why couldn't all schools be similarly treated that way instead of traumatizing the students? Some students imagined there were bank robbers hiding in the school and they were in danger. Other students came up with similar stories.

A raid is not proof. They may never have proof because enough time past so the problem was fixed, or perhaps some parties are actually innocent.

Mevater

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 11:27 pm
Maya wrote:
Yeah sure. All these poor innocent schools. Let's take the side of the criminals, and call those who don't deny the truth biased.

I agree. If you cant find a way to do things legally (supporting a school), you cant do it. Plain and simple.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 11:29 pm
cnc wrote:
As far as I understood, evidence has been collected for a few years already.
This is such old news.

They don't have enough evidence to indict. They collected all the computers hoping for evidence and making headlines. They went fishing today.

They crippled the administration of the school. What happens tomorrow if something happens to one of the students? How do you contact parents? All books and records are gone.

cnc

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 11:35 pm
amother wrote:
They don't have enough evidence to indict. They collected all the computers hoping for evidence and making headlines. They went fishing today.

They crippled the administration of the school. What happens tomorrow if something happens to one of the students? How do you contact parents? All books and records are gone.

This investigation is going on for 6 years.

Have you not been reading the news? Is this the first time you're hearing about this?

As to your second paragraph, the administration really should have thought about that before committing fraud on such a large scale.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 11:36 pm
Maya wrote:

You are biased and often wrong. The truth is often not as broad based as you assert. You wouldn't like it if people decided your husband is a crook because you lived in Williamsburg. Believe it or not - not every person of Satmar origins is a thief, yet you lump everyone together and call yourselves criminals.

So Maya, no one should listen to you because you are a criminal from Williamsburg. That is the way you present your arguments.

cnc

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 11:37 pm
Dbl post

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 11:42 pm
cnc wrote:
This investigation is going on for 6 years.

Have you not been reading the news? Is this the first time you're hearing about this?

As to your second paragraph, the administration really should have thought about that before committing fraud on such a large scale.

Not every school raided is guilty. How can an innocent school protect itself from guilt by association? How do you protect yourself from being tainted by this as a frum Jew?

The guilty schools probably sanitized their records because enough time passed. The innocent and guilty schools both lost their efficient operating abilities today.

treestump

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 11:43 pm
I think Maya was responding to the first post, where the OP seemed to imply that all the schools were innocent.
Page 1 of 12   1  2  3  10  11  12  Next Recent Topics