Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Need new non-sweet chicken cutlet recipe.

seeker

Post Thu, Mar 17 2016, 6:22 pm
I have a lot of chicken cutlets and nothing else in the house to make for Shabbos. So I want to divide it and make two different things. One will be some form or another of grilled chicken (Could use a new recipe for that too,while we're on the subject. In a grill pan. Right now I have two basic flavors: soy-sauce-y, and basil/herb-y) So for friday night I want to do something different and I'm envisioning maybe something tomato-saucy. Italian chicken cutlets? I dunno. In any case this is not the type of thing I'm comfortable trying without a recipe. Anyone have what to offer?

N'sMom

Post Thu, Mar 17 2016, 6:40 pm
This is not tomato sauce'y but it is really good. It's my standard grill pan recipe. You marinate the cutlets in a mixture of fresh lemon juice, olive oil, garlic powder and thyme. If you can marinate them overnight that's great but it works if you do it for as little as an hour. Then you grill as usual. Whenever I make this, everyone loves it. Even my mother-in-law. It is also great cold and sliced over salad so make extra.

goodmorning

Post Thu, Mar 17 2016, 6:44 pm
Chicken marsala? (Basically, dredge chicken in flour and brown, make a sauce with mushrooms, onions, some wine and chicken soup/water. I have an exact recipe if you'd like it.)

I've done something similar subbing tomato sauce/crushed tomatoes for the chicken soup/water, and adding some basil/oregano. I think I have a recipe for that too.

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Mar 17 2016, 7:22 pm
It sounds like you want something like chicken cacciatore. I've never made it, but you can easily Google it.

Will your family eat olives? If so, try this:

Tuscan Chicken

2-3 lbs chicken cutlets
1 Tblsp olive oil
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
1 can pitted, sliced black olives
1/4 cup white wine (dry)
1 cup chicken broth
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
3 Tblsp fresh parsley or 1 Tblsp dry
2 tsp fresh basil or 1/2 tsp dry
2 tsp fresh oregano or 1/2 tsp dry

Heat oil in skillet and brown chicken (~ 3 min/side). Remove chicken to pan. Add garlic and olives to skillet for a couple of minutes. Add wine and cook until it's reduced by half. Add tomatoes, broth, and herbs. Add pepper if you like, but do not add salt because the olives have plenty. Bring to a boil and then pour over the chicken in the pan. Stick it in a 350 degree oven for 30-35 min.

I like to serve this over roasted spaghetti squash.

For something a little different, try this:

Country Captain Chicken

1 chicken in pieces or cutlets
1/3 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Large onion, sliced thinly
Large green pepper, sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tsp curry
16 oz can diced tomatoes
3 Tblsp dried currants (optional)

Combine the flour, salt and pepper in a bag or bowl. Dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour. Brown chicken if you like or just place in a pan as is. Sautee the onion, garlic, and green pepper with the curry. When soft, add the tomatoes and pour over the chicken. Place uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 45/25 min, add the currants, then put back in oven for another 15/10 min. (The first number before the slash is for chicken on the bone and the second is for cutlets.)

seeker

Post Thu, Mar 17 2016, 7:29 pm
I will google cacciatore. I had no idea what the word would be. Thanks. Olives are not our type and I don't have curry or green pepper so that one would have to wait.

SorGold

Post Thu, Mar 17 2016, 7:33 pm
Not sure if its so shabbosdik but my kids love chicken cutlets marinated in a homemade sugar free shwarma spice blend thats baked on a cookie sheet.

tichellady

Post Thu, Mar 17 2016, 7:38 pm
I like to make chicken with lemon wine and caper sauce. Do you want that recipe?

seeker

Post Thu, Mar 17 2016, 7:41 pm
We did shwarma last week and it was great but it's not the kind of thing I would want two weeks in a row. OOC what is your homemade shwarma blend please?

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Mar 17 2016, 7:42 pm
Do you have garlic in the house? This is a great idea for grilled cutlets, adapted from a recipe Mrs. Bissli posted at some point.

Peel 2-3 heads of garlic. Throw into a food processor or use an immersion blender, combined with salt and pepper (I use Cayenne for a little kick), onion and garlic powder, and plenty of paprika. Add just enough olive oil to make a paste. Scoop the mixture into a bag and add the cutlets. Close the bag and mush it around with your hands until the cutlets are coated. Marinate for as long as you have time and then grill. The garlic mellows so it's more like a roasted garlic spread. So simple and yummy!

gold21

Post Thu, Mar 17 2016, 7:57 pm
I dunno, I just make either shnitzel (with corn flake crumbs or pretzel crumbs) , or I make this grilled chicken type of thing where I coat the chicken cutlets in mayo, then rub on these spices: a generous amount of garlic, a moderate amount of shwarma, and a small amount of black pepper.

I dunno why im even replying to this thread since I dont think thats what your looking for, but im so tired im just responding to anything to keep me awake at the moment. Cool

seeker

Post Thu, Mar 17 2016, 9:32 pm
Rutabaga wrote:
Do you have garlic in the house? This is a great idea for grilled cutlets, adapted from a recipe Mrs. Bissli posted at some point.

Peel 2-3 heads of garlic. Throw into a food processor or use an immersion blender, combined with salt and pepper (I use Cayenne for a little kick), onion and garlic powder, and plenty of paprika. Add just enough olive oil to make a paste. Scoop the mixture into a bag and add the cutlets. Close the bag and mush it around with your hands until the cutlets are coated. Marinate for as long as you have time and then grill. The garlic mellows so it's more like a roasted garlic spread. So simple and yummy!

OK this sounds great. I think I'm going to go with the simpler one upthread for this week and maybe try this next week if I get a chance to buy more chicken cutlets (the only thing left in the freezer is ground turkey...hmm.)

seeker

Post Thu, Mar 17 2016, 9:34 pm
N'sMom wrote:
This is not tomato sauce'y but it is really good. It's my standard grill pan recipe. You marinate the cutlets in a mixture of fresh lemon juice, olive oil, garlic powder and thyme. If you can marinate them overnight that's great but it works if you do it for as little as an hour. Then you grill as usual. Whenever I make this, everyone loves it. Even my mother-in-law. It is also great cold and sliced over salad so make extra.

Is there any particular kind of salad dressing that pairs well with this?

esther11

Post Fri, Mar 18 2016, 6:05 am
Another easy recipe is marinate chicken cutlets in italian dressing, grill
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey