Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
How many mm are you making this year?
1  2  3  Next

How many mm are you making this year?
none  
 2%  [ 8 ]
1-10  
 18%  [ 54 ]
11-20  
 26%  [ 77 ]
21-30  
 22%  [ 67 ]
31-40  
 14%  [ 42 ]
41-50  
 6%  [ 18 ]
50+  
 10%  [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 296

#1 Mom

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 10:26 am
Just wondering?

Mother 4

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 10:32 am
Including the kids?

observer

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 10:33 am
Around 40 regular and 12 kids

(Voted without the kids count)

cnc

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 10:35 am
Around 35 including kids.

gp2.0

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 10:40 am
Prepped 10. I have two extra containers in case of unexpected MM.

water_bear88

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 10:45 am
4 plus a spare.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 10:46 am
Will prepare 20. Giving neighbors and maybe 2 or 3 other friends, babysitters and therapists.

Merrymom

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 10:51 am
I make tons because I learned from my mil, it's always better to have too much of something then too few. Is it worth the panic when someone unexpected shows up and you have to keep them at the door waiting? They know what you're doing there in the kitchen and it's very embarrassing. I make two kinds, one for kids which are very inexpensive and then some nicer ones for family members, teachers, friends, neighbors. I ordered bags online that were very cheap and beautiful so it doesn't cost a fortune.

mha3484

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 10:58 am
10-15. My 5 year old gets to pick 3 from his class to give to.

gold21

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 11:10 am
8 per child

25 for adults including teachers rebbes...

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 11:17 am
15 for adults
12 for my daughter

Iymnok

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 11:19 am
The packages of muffin cups and colored bowls come with 50. I like to be able to give to everyone. I enjoy it. So I make more simpler ones. I hope to be assembling them while DH is at Megillah reading.
I also had the kids make tiny ones with one cookie and one candy to give to their friends. They are sealed with a Purim sticker.

gp2.0

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 11:35 am
Merrymom wrote:
I make tons because I learned from my mil, it's always better to have too much of something then too few. Is it worth the panic when someone unexpected shows up and you have to keep them at the door waiting? They know what you're doing there in the kitchen and it's very embarrassing. I make two kinds, one for kids which are very inexpensive and then some nicer ones for family members, teachers, friends, neighbors. I ordered bags online that were very cheap and beautiful so it doesn't cost a fortune.

Why the obligation to return a MM immediately though? If someone unexpected shows up, they get a nice thank you and maybe next year I make them one.

Simple1

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 11:48 am
gp2.0 wrote:
Why the obligation to return a MM immediately though? If someone unexpected shows up, they get a nice thank you and maybe next year I make them one.

I like to reciprocate if someone comes. It probably doesn't feel so good to think of someone and realize that they weren't thinking of you. I like to have easy things on hand to give out as extras.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 11:49 am
1 per kid for school, and for us, 3 to 5, depending if we go to someone, who we see on that day.

twogees

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 12:04 pm
about 50...that includes rebbeim

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 12:08 pm
gp2.0 wrote:

because its a horrible feeling to show up at ones door with something and not get anything back in return. I would not want someone to feel bad like that. Most people expect to get something back in return. It doesn't hurt to make a few extras.

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 12:10 pm
25 a couple extra and 24 for my kids to give other kids.

water_bear88

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 12:18 pm
amother wrote:
because its a horrible feeling to show up at ones door with something and not get anything back in return. I would not want someone to feel bad like that. Most people expect to get something back in return. It doesn't hurt to make a few extras.

There's something to this. Really, though, I'm not expecting more than 2 back this year, and I'm not the least bit offended if someone takes a minute in the kitchen to arrange something.

twogees

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 12:19 pm
gp2.0 wrote:

What I do is if there is someone who gave me that I dont have in mind, I will pull something together from other mm that I got...
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics