Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Gift for 5th baby?
1  2  Next

Meema2Kids

Post Sun, Jul 01 2007, 10:12 pm
My mom wanted to buy a gift for the baby we're expecting - our fifth KA"H. I have been having so much trouble thinking of what we need. We have clothes, car seat, stroller, basinet, cradle from the others. I was thinking maybe of a new swing, because ours has sort of a "weak" swing - probably from older kids hanging on it.

What else am I not thinking of that I might need for a new baby?

Meema2Kids

Post Sun, Jul 01 2007, 10:13 pm
And if I do decide on a swing, what are some newer features that are available now - my old one I got in 2001 for my first baby.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Jul 01 2007, 10:41 pm
diapers Smile

mummy-bh

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 6:24 am
How about a fortnight worth of suppers in the freezer? That's my kind of gift!

Meema2Kids

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 8:18 am
Very Happy She's helping out anyway the with the older children, meals, etc. She wants to buy something.

We use cloth diapers and I already have what I need for this little one.

Any other ideas?

pappymom

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 8:37 am
if you're gonna nurse, how about a boppy pillow- those are great! or a nice new mobile that plays classical music...

smiley:)

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 8:44 am
toys for the older kids?

pinktichel

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 9:21 am
The best swing is the fischer price nature swing. Looks beautiful, so comfortable, 2 swinging positions and has 5 (?) diff music/white noise choices. DD is 7 1/2 mnths and still loves it!! I believe it's $140 in babies r us.

Marion

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 9:52 am
New bedding? A foot muff for the stroller? A new stroller toy? New diaper bag? Rocking chair/glider? Or a footstool to go with it, if you've already got the chair?

Are you telling me that through 4 kids nothing's gotten worn out or ruined?

Meema2Kids

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 10:48 am
Marion wrote:

Are you telling me that through 4 kids nothing's gotten worn out or ruined?

LOL I bought a new infant car seat with baby #3 and B"H it's still usable. Diaper bag we get free at the hospital. We bought a second hand crib in GREAT condition for baby#4, so will still use that.... we always get new clothes as gifts and still have lots of toys in good condition. I got a new glider/ottoman last year on clearance (for $70 - can you believe it?). The swing it the only thing that has really gotten worn out.

A boppy is a good idea too, but I think she wants to spend more than that (maybe she'll give me both!). I do also need new crib sheets, I'll let her know.

I will check out the FP nature swing.

bashinda

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 11:11 am
I'm glad I'm not the only one who makes do with the hospital diaper bag. B'sha'ah Tova u'matzlachas!

WaitingtoDeliver

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 11:12 am
My friend has a swing that plugs into the wall, so that you don't eat up millions of D batteries--good investment I think.

Good luck!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 11:52 am
I got no diaper bag in the hospital . . . .

Marion

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 2:54 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
I got no diaper bag in the hospital . . . .

Me neither, although I did get one from the kupah (which, since it was free, I gave away to someone who was looking for that specific one). I find I learn along the way though; I was given a great diaper bag...as long as I'm using my big stroller, because it doesn't attach to the handles of the other one. So I bought a smaller one when DS got a bit older and needed less stuff that DOES attach to the stroller. Of course, now with #2 on the way, the one I liked and bought won't be big enough for 2, so I'm looking at something else.

I just figure that needs change, so maybe think about it from that perspective.

GAMZu

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 4:01 pm
The plug in swings have me scratching my head. It's not like you save $ on batteries. You just pay the difference to Con Edison or wherever.
And who would want extra wires lying around for the other kids to trip over? To play with the plug? I think it's an awful idea. You also can't put it wherever you want.
I have a windup. It's cool!

greenfire

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 4:47 pm
the old fashioned wind ups are so much more sensible ... how will you use it on shabbos ... hey ... if you get a new swing ... I call the old one for smiley ... if it still works Mr. Green

Marion

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 10:36 pm
greenfire wrote:
the old fashioned wind ups are so much more sensible ... how will you use it on shabbos ... hey ... if you get a new swing ... I call the old one for smiley ... if it still works Mr. Green

Our swing was battery operated. On Shabbat we just manually pushed it instead of turning it on. I imagine that, unless the swing has a "kick start" mechanism that turns it on if you push it, you could do the same with a plug in one.

Mommish

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 1:58 am
If you have all the baby stuff you need, how about something personalized like a blanket or little chair for the baby with his/her name. All kids love having their own stuff from when they were a baby.

shopaholic

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 9:37 am
Pink - $140 for a swing???

Rikola

Post Fri, Aug 03 2007, 2:24 pm
I didn't read all the replies so sorry if this was all mentioned already. First of all, there are never enough diapers, wipes, shampoo, detergent and the like. So a supplies gift basket is great. Also something very nice is a portrait club membership at JC Penneys, or someplace else near where you live. They have great coupons and you can get memorable pics of the family for next to nothing.

B'Sha'ah tovah!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics