Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
WHY men vs WOman

greenfire

Post Fri, Mar 25 2016, 6:16 am
trying to figure out why men are given drinks, get drunk, dance around in shikkur state, hugging, kissing, puking, et cetera ... but the women sit idly watching in bored amusement or complain

maybe there should be drinking on the women's side too

cause if not it will lead to mixed dancing ~ cause I for one will be headed straight to the booze ...

maybe this is not about purim ... it's about alka seltzer Drunken Smile Drunken Smile

happy hangover :arrow:

greenfire

Post Fri, Mar 25 2016, 6:51 am
stop the world ~ I waana get off ...

oh wait I'm just drunk

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Mar 25 2016, 7:11 am
I don't know about others, but in my family no one complains when the men get drunk. We all love it. They act adorable and sweet. Nobody throws up, the women are not bored, and there is no men's section. We all sit together.

cm

Post Fri, Mar 25 2016, 7:50 am
It isn't like this everywhere. IME men and women sit together at the seudah, and alcohol consumption is very moderate all around.

Then again, I don't socialize with heavy drinkers. Could be some of the neighbors have this going on and I don't know about it.

little_mage

Post Fri, Mar 25 2016, 9:18 am
At our sudah yesterday, only the men drank. However, of the four women there (including myself) I know for a fact that three were pregnant, which probably had a lot to do with it. I know I would have had a drink or two if I wasn't expecting.

gp2.0

Post Fri, Mar 25 2016, 9:21 am
I was designated driver and didn't drink. In general I don't drink too much as I get a headache too quickly to make it fun. HOWEVER I am perfectly capable of ACTING drunk even if I haven't drunk at all. WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO! Wink

greenfire

Post Fri, Mar 25 2016, 10:32 am
for the record - it makes you wake up to pee every 3 hours

or maybe that's cause I woke up to drink water every three hours

heidi

Post Fri, Mar 25 2016, 10:34 am
I personally drank too much-- not drunk, just happy and relaxed. And slept poorly, getting up to go to the bathroom even more than usual-- still, it was fun while it lasted.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics