Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Do you ever like your own posts?

Do you ever like your own posts?
Yes  
 20%  [ 19 ]
No  
 79%  [ 73 ]
Total Votes : 92

pointyshoes

Post Sat, Mar 26 2016, 5:58 pm
As in: hit the 'like' button??

m in Israel

Post Sat, Mar 26 2016, 6:54 pm
I'm pretty sure you can't. (IOW there is no "like" button on the bottom of your own post). It could be you could do it if you posted as amother (although I'm pretty sure even then you can't.

cnc

Post Sat, Mar 26 2016, 10:03 pm
m in Israel wrote:
I'm pretty sure you can't. (IOW there is no "like" button on the bottom of your own post). It could be you could do it if you posted as amother (although I'm pretty sure even then you can't.

You can like your own posts as amother.

youngishbear

Post Sat, Mar 26 2016, 10:23 pm
Only on threads like these. Tongue Out

ETA: just realized this is not an amother-enabled forum. So well, only in threads that mention or explain how to go about liking your own posts.

gold21

Post Sat, Mar 26 2016, 10:47 pm
Its not something I do often but then again I dont post anonymously often

I have done it though! LOL but very infrequently.

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Mar 27 2016, 12:39 am
I did it once, in the thread that I started for that reason.

m in Israel

Post Sun, Mar 27 2016, 2:00 am
cnc wrote:
You can like your own posts as amother.

OK. I don't really use "amother" so I never paid attention. I just thought that maybe now with the amother colors it was like your own post.

OK, to answer the OP, no. (Obviously -- I never even knew it was possible).

For those who do it, why would you do it? Isn't the point of the likes so that the poster can see that people agree with them? Obviously you agree with yourself. . .and it's not like one extra like is going to get you into the "most liked posts" box. . .

WhatFor

Post Sun, Mar 27 2016, 2:23 am
So I never did. But now I want to for this one experiment, which I cannot do on this thread since Anonymous posting is disabled.
So someone please do this somewhere and report back. Kthanks. Smile

What if you post as Amother, then like your post, then revert back to yourself? Do you then lose the Like?

myself

Post Sun, Mar 27 2016, 7:03 am
Um, no! Why would I?

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Mar 27 2016, 7:46 am
WhatFor wrote:
So I never did. But now I want to for this one experiment, which I cannot do on this thread since Anonymous posting is disabled.
So someone please do this somewhere and report back. Kthanks. Smile

What if you post as Amother, then like your post, then revert back to yourself? Do you then lose the Like?
No, your like stays. I figured that out by accident when I started a Purim thread as amother so I could like my own post and then I switched it to my username. The like stayed.

BrachaBatya

Post Sun, Mar 27 2016, 2:23 pm
Nope.

cnc

Post Sun, Mar 27 2016, 3:20 pm
m in Israel wrote:
OK. I don't really use "amother" so I never paid attention. I just thought that maybe now with the amother colors it was like your own post.

OK, to answer the OP, no. (Obviously -- I never even knew it was possible).

For those who do it, why would you do it? Isn't the point of the likes so that the poster can see that people agree with them? Obviously you agree with yourself. . .and it's not like one extra like is going to get you into the "most liked posts" box. . .

I agree.

2cents

Post Sun, Mar 27 2016, 8:20 pm
No, because I tend to lurk more often then post, and when I post it's under my screen name.

I will admit to checking posts that I felt very strongly about to see if they got any 'likes' or any sarcastic hugs.

Blue jay

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 9:38 am
Yes I have! Very Happy
It gives myself a boost!
"Hey , I agree with myself!"
Don't politicians vote for themselves in the election? (maybe Im wrong?)

m in Israel

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 9:54 am
QueenBee3 wrote:
Yes I have! Very Happy
It gives myself a boost!
"Hey , I agree with myself!"
Don't politicians vote for themselves in the election? (maybe Im wrong?)

Politicians vote for themselves because their vote counts towards the total, and and an election is a contest to try to get the most votes. As far as I know this forum is not a contest to try to get the most likes Wink The point of getting likes is simply to know that people agree with you -- and I assume you already know that you agree with yourself!

I definitely pay attention to how many likes my posts get, especially on controversial topics -- but that is to know what people think. So again, how does it give you any sort of boost to "like" yourself? You are giving yourself feedback? I'm truly not getting this.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 10:00 am
m in Israel wrote:
So again, how does it give you any sort of boost to "like" yourself? You are giving yourself feedback? I'm truly not getting this.

For the record, I don't give myself likes, but giving yourself a like is like giving yourself a pat on your back. (I did learn in pirkei avos that's not allowed, but that's besides the point. Smile )

m in Israel

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 10:03 am
yo'ma wrote:
For the record, I don't give myself likes, but giving yourself a like is like giving yourself a pat on your back. (I did learn in pirkei avos that's not allowed, but that's besides the point. Smile )

I've never actually seen anyone give themselves a pat on the back Wink Usually the phrase is used in the context of someone ELSE saying "give yourself a pat on the back" -- IOW it is still about receiving feedback from a different person.

m in Israel

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 10:04 am
I hope I am not coming across too strong -- I really have no problem with someone liking their own post if it makes them feel good. I just truly don't understand WHY it would make someone feel good to know that they agree with themselves. . .

cnc

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 10:11 am
m in Israel wrote:
I've never actually seen anyone give themselves a pat on the back Wink Usually the phrase is used in the context of someone ELSE saying "give yourself a pat on the back" -- IOW it is still about receiving feedback from a different person.

I always pat myself on the back.
Whenever someone compliments me. LOL

zaq

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 7:26 pm
What would be the point of such a move?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics