Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Kalla bracelet

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Mar 27 2016, 10:06 pm
I know there is a huge range in price but does 1000 sound about right for a.decent but on the cheaper end bracelet or am I behind the times. People in my circles tell me they get kallah bracelets from allegra in brooklyn/lkwd. If u bought a kallah bracelet recently how much did u spend...

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Mar 27 2016, 10:12 pm
amother wrote:
I know there is a huge range in price but does 1000 sound about right for a.decent but on the cheaper end bracelet or am I behind the times. People in my circles tell me they get kallah bracelets from allegra in brooklyn/lkwd. If u bought a kallah bracelet recently how much did u spend...
Behind the times. 1000 was on the cheaper end 10 years ago. Cheaper end is upwards of 2000.
Mazel Tov!

DrMom

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 1:25 am
What's a kallah bracelet?

Some specific style or just a bracelet you give to a kallah?

SRS

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 2:00 am
How about figuring out what you can afford for this kallah and future kallahs and work from there?

seeker

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 2:13 am
Wow, that's insane. I would be a nervous wreck if I had $2000 hanging from my wrist!

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 2:18 am
seeker wrote:
Wow, that's insane. I would be a nervous wreck if I had $2000 hanging from my wrist!

Do you have $2,000 plopped on top of your head? A bracelet lasts a lot longer than a wig.

DrMom

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 2:19 am
amother wrote:
Do you have $2,000 plopped on top of your head? A bracelet lasts a lot longer than a wig.

But it's easier to misplace or have stolen.

And not everyone has a $2000 wig. Or any wig at all.

seeker

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 2:25 am
first of all, no I don't have $2000 plopped on my head. Secondly, if I did it would make a whole lot more of a difference to my appearance than a bracelet.

seeker

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 2:27 am
Also, even when I did wear a sheitel (I think mine was about $1000) I didn't worry about it getting banged up or falling off the way I worry when I wear real jewelry. Which is the main reason I usually wear inexpensive but pretty costume jewelry, it's much more relaxing. And easy to switch off when you want variety, too.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 2:43 am
seeker wrote:
Also, even when I did wear a sheitel (I think mine was about $1000) I didn't worry about it getting banged up or falling off the way I worry when I wear real jewelry. Which is the main reason I usually wear inexpensive but pretty costume jewelry, it's much more relaxing. And easy to switch off when you want variety, too.

I got the typical Kalla jewelry (though less than $2000) but what I end up wearing daily is fake, with my expertise special taste. Every day I put on something else, and the compliments I get never stop. Just yesterday, at the day care a friend asked me: Is your necklaces gold or goldfield? I said - none! Total cost: five dollars. Believe me, it was way prettier than all the other necklaces the mothers where wearing.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 2:44 am
I worry about my wig blowing off more than I do my bracelet falling off.

To each their own.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 5:22 am
You can tell the quality of an expensive bracelet, because it will have both a safety clasp AND a small chain on each end of the clasp that will keep it from falling off. Insist on it, or give it a pass.

Like this one:

Ruchel

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 6:35 am
Yet another unheard thing...

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 9:02 am
If you are in Brooklyn, I recently bought my sons kallah a diamond bracelet for $950.00
You dont have to buy 2000 bracelets. They all look very similar. If you tell the jeweler your price range they will have plenty what to show you.

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 9:46 am
DrMom wrote:
What's a kallah bracelet?

Some specific style or just a bracelet you give to a kallah?

I think both.
It's a bracelet that you give to the kallah, but those bracelets are often a certain style (diamonds or diamond chips, at some point bangles were [or still are?] in). I'm not certain though because I didn't get one- I don't like bracelets.

kollel wife

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 11:02 am
We are yeshivishe, but my son and daughter-in-law have very good taste. I think we spent 1400 - in Lakewood - I don't remember which store, possibly the one you mention.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics