Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
How long does your child have to get ready in the morning?

yo'ma

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 6:35 pm
How many minutes or hours does your child have from the time he/she gets up or you if that's when they start getting ready until they have to leave to school?

I wake my children up at 7 and they should be out of here by 7:40, so I give them 40 minutes. We're usually out of here by 7:45, but we walk and that's still enough time to get to school on time. They get dressed, sometimes ready the night before, and eat breakfast.

How long does your child have or need?

greenfire

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 7:16 pm
I'd wake my kids up at 7 for school at 8:30 ... I think it's important to have time to have a good breakfast to start the day and one can only do this relaxed

it makes for a calmer morning when there's enough time

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 7:24 pm
My kids need about 45 minutes to get ready. I start waking them about 20 minutes early, because we're not morning people around here and it takes us all some time to get up.

gp2.0

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 8:05 pm
Same. Wake at 7 and leave at 7:40. The truth is we don't make it to the kitchen until 7:30 most days which leaves a hurried 10 minutes for breakfast. It's not a good system but I can't think of a better one. The kids are often up before 7 but I'm not. I feel sick all day if I wake up before 7.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 8:09 pm
Ideally, they should start getting ready at 8:00, and I want them downstairs waiting for the bus by 8:38. Usually we don't star getting ready until 8:15. It's fine though, because me and the baby are still in pajamas.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 1:36 am
My daughter's school bus comes at 7 (school starts at 7:30) so I wake her at 6:15 and then she needs about ten minutes to wake up in her bed. By 6:30 she is downstairs getting ready.
But she thought of a great idea to make things go faster. She sleeps in her shirt and leggings for the next day so then she only has to put on her skirt and shoes in the morning. It helps her a lot.

Marion

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 2:29 am
It depends when they get up. I won't wake them after 6:45 (we leave at 7:25)...though if they would just get UP and DRESSED then that would be more than enough time. When the bus was coming at 7:10 (8:00 start but he was the first pickup) it had to be a bit earlier.

abound

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 2:44 am
The little ones (preschool and younger elementary grades) wake up around 7A to leave by 8A or 8:30A, depending on the kid. THe older elementary kids wake up one 6:45 and one at 7A to leave by 7:30A. But they eat breakfast after minyan.
What do you serve your kids for a healthy good breakfast?

Ruchel

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 3:10 am
30 mins.

Moonlight

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 3:44 am
Same again. My DD alarm rings st 700, school bus comes 740. Sometimes don't make it downstairs til 725

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 7:20 am
DD likes to sleep as long as possible. First alarm goes off at 7:00. She hits the snooze twice, and gets up at 7:10 (helps with transitioning). She's out the door at 7:30, and class starts at 8:00.

B'H, she's really good at getting herself up and out to school on time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children