Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
POLL Best non-iron white men's button down shirts
1  2  Next

Which white shirt do you find holds up the best for the longest time?
AI STONE  
 9%  [ 3 ]
Brooksbrothers  
 37%  [ 12 ]
Landsend  
 15%  [ 5 ]
Charles Therwhitt  
 37%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 32

momof2+?

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 6:45 pm
Which white button down men's shirt do you find looks the best without ironing? How long does the shirt last? Put it in the dryer? Is it non-iron? wrinkle-free? what is the difference?

kenz

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 8:13 pm
momof2+? wrote:
Which white button down men's shirt do you find looks the best without ironing? How long does the shirt last? Put it in the dryer? Is it non-iron? wrinkle-free? what is the difference?

Your poll assumes everyone has tried all four types of shirts. We generally buy Charles Tyrwhitt and are happy with those, though we've had a good experience with Brooks Brothers too, though those are more expensive. I can't say about the others b/c I haven't tried them.

momof2+?

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 8:45 pm
I know the poll isn't perfect but I figured I would at least see which shirts people are happy with. I personally have all 4 of these type shirts but some are older than others and hard to keep track...
also, I tried to incude "other" in the poll, but for some reason it's not posting.

momof2+?

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 9:58 am
C'mon everybody! Any suggestions?

Seems like BrooksBrothers is best quality, but I don't think I'll be buying them unless there is some giant sale, being that they are $92 each.
AI Stone I can get at 3 for $100.
Lansend is 2 for $100.
Is it worth buying Landsend because of their return policy? Anybody return shirts when they got bad?

and any other brand options to choose from? I heard of Black brown somethingoranother....

glamourmom

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 10:02 am
DH hasn't tried any of the brands you listed. he has 1 shirt of 10+ different brands (from Jewish stores and dept stores) and we both agree that the Ilmio shirts are the best. I dry for a few minutes then hang to complete dry. I haven't ironed in years and DH is finicky about these things. they look great.

tichellady

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 10:07 am
My husband buys them from Nordstrom

gold21

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 10:12 am
Nordstrom brand

byisrael

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 10:20 am
jos. a. banks

happyfaces

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 10:25 am
Ever heard of Brachsoni? Fantastic! Wash and hang, that's it. Great quality as well.

Last edited by happyfaces on Tue, Mar 29 2016, 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Iymnok

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 10:46 am
After using many brands, we are happiest with Ilmio. It's stayed the whitest the longest, no ironing at all, has a great fit.

saw50st8

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 10:47 am
We get from Costco. I don't think the Land's End shirts are worthwhile. They are ok.

momof2+?

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 10:49 am
glamourmom wrote:
DH hasn't tried any of the brands you listed. he has 1 shirt of 10+ different brands (from Jewish stores and dept stores) and we both agree that the Ilmio shirts are the best. I dry for a few minutes then hang to complete dry. I haven't ironed in years and DH is finicky about these things. they look great.

I tried googling and it's giving me websites in different languages. Where can I buy this brand?

Ms.MaryMack(inblack)

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 12:01 pm
Jos A Banks and the Italian ones from Jewish stores

glamourmom

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 12:06 pm
it's a jewish company made by a store in BP called shirtsleeve. they have sales occasionally and you can get a gorgeous shirt for $30.

momof2+?

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 12:22 pm
glamourmom wrote:
it's a jewish company made by a store in BP called shirtsleeve. they have sales occasionally and you can get a gorgeous shirt for $30.

which store? where is it located?

glamourmom

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 12:36 pm
Shirtsleeve

Address: 5513 13th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11219

Phone:(718) 853-7600

momX4

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 12:45 pm
Iymnok wrote:
After using many brands, we are happiest with Ilmio. It's stayed the whitest the longest, no ironing at all, has a great fit.

I purchased it in a shirt store in Monsey. I dont remember the name but its in the Evergreen mall.
I am waiting for them to go on sale.

Moonlight

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 1:35 pm
we do Jos A Bank

Miri7

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 4:55 pm
We use brooks brothers. They have a shirt sale a couple of times a year where you can get a discount when you buy 3. I wash and hang to dry. We have tried some other which weren't as good but I don't remember the brands.

cbg

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 6:04 pm
I just bought CT shirts 3 for 99 free shipping
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars