Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
ISO place to buy reasonable dresses for teens

Goldie613

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 10:09 am
Hello everyone, can anyone recommend a place to buy reasonably priced dresses in New York City (or nearby) for teenage girls? They will be attending a family simcha and need something fancier than their regular shabbos dresses, but I'd rather not go the gemach route as I know that there are a couple of simchas coming up next year as well, and I'm hoping that whatever I get them for this simcha they can just reuse for the next ones.

I realize I"ll need to allow for growing room, but with a long enough dress I don't see that being much of an issue.

Ideally I'd love to keep the cost to under $100 (ok, way under $100) each, but I don't know if that's practical. I have no problem with getting shells to go underneath the dress or sweaters to go over it if need be, so I'm hoping that might give me a bit more flexibility.

Suggestions, anyone?

Goldie613

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 2:53 am
bump Smile

SingALong

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 9:41 am
Junees though I'm not sure will fit in your price range. They have a lot of dresses and tops and skirts. You can try the ladies section or kids, depending on their size.

Teen boutique has stunning things but definitely pricier. You'll walk out with a complete outfit, shell, belt, material to add to length. I've never gone there but someone I know went with her 13 yr old and said she loved the 1 stop shop, things were stunning. She had a simcha so she didn't mind sending more then.

Goldie613

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 2:22 pm
SingALong wrote:
Junees though I'm not sure will fit in your price range. They have a lot of dresses and tops and skirts. You can try the ladies section or kids, depending on their size.

Teen boutique has stunning things but definitely pricier. You'll walk out with a complete outfit, shell, belt, material to add to length. I've never gone there but someone I know went with her 13 yr old and said she loved the 1 stop shop, things were stunning. She had a simcha so she didn't mind sending more then.

Do you have any idea where those two stores are located? Thanks!

shoshiesavannah

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 3:00 pm
Teen Boutique is 4501 16th Ave, Brooklyn

Junees is 1312 Ave J, Brooklyn

Esther23

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 4:56 pm
There's also a Junees in Boro park at 4622-18th Avenue. In Flatbush Fashion Island at 1431Coney Island Ave and Forever Young 3207 Ave J between E. 32 and New York Ave is also a great place.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics