Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Which school would you recommend in FR/5T?

Which school would you recommend/are happy with
Tag  
 50%  [ 2 ]
Shulamis  
 50%  [ 2 ]
halb  
 0%  [ 0 ]
other  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

healthywoman

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 8:36 am
I am trying to figure out which school to send my daughter to. I am not yeshivish or overly religious. I'd say a lil to modern side, meaning I still cover hair, skirts etc but dont keep cholov yisrael, We both work etc.

Anyways, which school do you send your daughter to. (first grade)? are you happy? why or why not? which school would you recommend?

I need somewhere that's not small but not too big.
Also, I would need to apply for financial aid- so somewhere that would work with me on what I can afford.

BBY and Ateres Miriam don't work for us.
Please take my poll or post your comments!
greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Last edited by healthywoman on Wed, Mar 30 2016, 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 9:04 am
You might want to edit your title to include your location so you catch the attention of the relevant people.

We send our daughter to Shulamith and are very happy. She started in nursery and she's in 2nd grade now, so she's been there for 5 years. It's a very warm and nurturing school. No one falls through the cracks - every girl gets plenty of attention. The teachers and administration are great at communication.

It's a frum school that's also Zionistic, which is somewhat unusual I find. There is a nice mix of families. We haven't found it to be JAPy, which I know people worry about in the 5 Towns. Maybe she's too young or oblivious to such things, but our daughter doesn't come home saying she needs anything because everyone else has it.

There are not so many rules that make life onerous. There's a uniform, so you don't have to worry about clothing. The younger girls are allowed to wear short sleeves up to 4th grade I think. They're supposed to wear socks that cover the ankles, but no rules about tights or knee highs. There are many girls who don't keep chalav yisrael, but the school does as a whole to accommodate those that do. They ask that mothers wear skirts and cover their hair when coming to school, but don't mandate how. They do have a strict policy against coed camps.

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have. I don't know anything about financial aid though.

Tirza

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 11:14 pm
Shulamith is a good option. You might also want to consider HALB. They separate divisions for boys and girls.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics