Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
SAHM-Cleaning help
Previous  1  2  3

SAHM [WITH children home] how many hours of cleaning help do you have/week
none  
 44%  [ 80 ]
1-3  
 12%  [ 23 ]
3-6  
 16%  [ 29 ]
6+  
 25%  [ 46 ]
Total Votes : 178

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 2:27 pm
I'm a SAHM with 10 hours of cleaning help. And now before pesach, I have never been so relaxed. My house is spotless. Every closet is organized and neat.
And now for the better part, she comes Monday/Thursday morning. I leave her the whole mess and go explore/shopping/have fun in Manhattan with my baby. I come back to a clean, fresh house plus she's always gone by the time I'm home.
I love my freedom!! Cheers

boysrus

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 7:08 pm
amother wrote:
I'm a SAHM with 10 hours of cleaning help. And now before pesach, I have never been so relaxed. My house is spotless. Every closet is organized and neat.
And now for the better part, she comes Monday/Thursday morning. I leave her the whole mess and go explore/shopping/have fun in Manhattan with my baby. I come back to a clean, fresh house plus she's always gone by the time I'm home.
I love my freedom!! Cheers

To this poster: I just want to say -
I have read and re-read your post, trying to understand what your aim is in writing it.
All the other posters on this thread have done a fine job as to educating those of us not fortunate to be SAHMs out of financial necessity, about how they are not spoiled rotten just because they are at home and have cleaning help.

I am confused about your post because it seems to just celebrate your own good fortune in a way that could easily make other posters quite jealous, if you know what I mean.
Something about the way you wrote your post has wound me up the wrong way Sad it has aroused in me strange emotions that I dont usually have. You sound very entitled. Go ahead, enjoy hanging out in Manhattan while somebody else does all your work for you, that;s no problem at all! Just maybe keep a little of your good fortune to yourself.

I would hate to say that I am jealous, because I am not, but I dont think you should so openly celebrate how relaxed you are and how easy your life is when the rest of us are beginning to feel a little panicked at the thought of preparing for Pesach along with all the rest of our obligations. It doesnt seem very nice. Most of us come on imamother to relax, not expecting to read things that can arouse such negative emotions in us.

Now everyone can jump on me. Go ahead. I very rarely express negative opinions on here, I am the one who regularly says 'come on, be nice ladies...' but this post is just too much.
And I am posting with my screen name, I will not hide behind amother.

Dear amother, enjoy your good fortune, but now is not the time to say 'yay, lucky me' in a public forum; you are bound to upset people and make some feel quite jealous or disheartened.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 7:15 pm
boysrus wrote:
To this poster: I just want to say -
I have read and re-read your post, trying to understand what your aim is in writing it.
All the other posters on this thread have done a fine job as to educating those of us not fortunate to be SAHMs out of financial necessity, about how they are not spoiled rotten just because they are at home and have cleaning help.

I am confused about your post because it seems to just celebrate your own good fortune in a way that could easily make other posters quite jealous, if you know what I mean.
Something about the way you wrote your post has wound me up the wrong way Sad it has aroused in me strange emotions that I dont usually have. You sound very entitled. Go ahead, enjoy hanging out in Manhattan while somebody else does all your work for you, that;s no problem at all! Just maybe keep a little of your good fortune to yourself.

I would hate to say that I am jealous, because I am not, but I dont think you should so openly celebrate how relaxed you are and how easy your life is when the rest of us are beginning to feel a little panicked at the thought of preparing for Pesach along with all the rest of our obligations. It doesnt seem very nice. Most of us come on imamother to relax, not expecting to read things that can arouse such negative emotions in us.

Now everyone can jump on me. Go ahead. I very rarely express negative opinions on here, I am the one who regularly says 'come on, be nice ladies...' but this post is just too much.
And I am posting with my screen name, I will not hide behind amother.

Dear amother, enjoy your good fortune, but now is not the time to say 'yay, lucky me' in a public forum; you are bound to upset people and make some feel quite jealous or disheartened.

Something tells me she's being scarcastic. Wink

boysrus

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 7:16 pm
amother wrote:
Something tells me she's being scarcastic. Wink

you think so?! In that case, I would love if that poster would come back and clarify. embarrassed

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 7:41 pm
Boysrus, I'm really sorry if I offended you or anyone else. I do have an overactive imagination Wink I do find such polls and threads to be wholly unfair. It's very hard to really understand how everyone runs their own home. I might have a 4 story mansion or triplet toddlers. Or I might trade in other necessities to afford cleaning help. We'll never know why or how people choose to do the things they do.

boysrus

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 8:03 pm
amother wrote:
Boysrus, I'm really sorry if I offended you or anyone else. I do have an overactive imagination Wink I do find such polls and threads to be wholly unfair. It's very hard to really understand how everyone runs their own home. I might have a 4 story mansion or triplet toddlers. Or I might trade in other necessities to afford cleaning help. We'll never know why or how people choose to do the things they do.

so are you saying that your previous post was sarcastic? rather than obnoxious and entitled?
??? thanks for clarifying.

Coffee Addict

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 8:05 pm
amother wrote:

I don't understand either. You were sarcastic or not?

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 8:16 pm
Yes I was being sarcastic. I wish life should be so easy Rolling Eyes

Coffee Addict

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 8:18 pm
amother wrote:

Got it!! Smile

boysrus

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 8:18 pm
amother wrote:

thanks for the clarification. Now I will calm down Smile

Coffee Addict

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 8:19 pm
boysrus wrote:
thanks for the clarification. Now I will calm down Smile

Me too Smile

gold21

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 8:37 pm
Coffee Addict wrote:
Me too Smile

Me three LOL

Seagreen, your post also made me feel like that, like- Huh? Shop in manhattan? You mean, more like, shop for groceries, go to park, run errands, go to library.... boring mommy stuff (B"H B"H).

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Apr 04 2016, 9:13 pm
I am a SAHM and part-time WAHM. We homeschool 7 of our 9 children. We have cleaning help 20-25 hours a week. Basically, my salary goes to pay for cleaning help. Since I have to teach all day, and my work hours are flexible, it's better for me to work and pay for a cleaning lady then not to work and have to manage all the cleaning and teaching throughout the day. If that makes sense! Working at 11 pm is much easier than trying to clean the whole house at 11 pm! Before homeschooling began about 7 years ago, we had cleaning help 10-12 hours a week.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics