Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Glass on oven door

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 9:02 pm
How do you clean the glass window on the inside of your oven door?
It gets splatters of hot food and also gets cloudy or iridescent. I was wondering if you clean it with St. Moritz type oven cleaner or something else.

Miri1

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 9:07 pm
The manual for our self clean says to use a blade , we bought one specifically for the task from home depot and it worked quite well.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 9:08 pm
Miri1 wrote:
The manual for our self clean says to use a blade , we bought one specifically for the task from home depot and it worked quite well.

Can you recommend a specific blade?

sky

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 9:16 pm
Take a hanger and unwrap and cover with an old man sock. Dip in a bucket of diluted amonia.
On the bottom of the door there are vents.
Stick the hanger/sock up through the vent and use like a windsheild washer to clean the glass. it will take many runs and make a huge greasy mess (mine was especially bad because a roast had spilled its gravy into the door panel).
I found the directions online. it worked very well but took a while to do.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 10:17 pm
sky wrote:
Take a hanger and unwrap and cover with an old man sock. Dip in a bucket of diluted amonia.
On the bottom of the door there are vents.
Stick the hanger/sock up through the vent and use like a windsheild washer to clean the glass. it will take many runs and make a huge greasy mess (mine was especially bad because a roast had spilled its gravy into the door panel).
I found the directions online. it worked very well but took a while to do.

Thank you. That sounds really good for space between the two panes of glass inside the door.
What about the outer glass pane that is inside the oven? The one that is exposed to the heat as the food bakes.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 10:19 pm
I use dawns power resolve
Follow the directions and Its amazing
Walmart sells it

Miri1

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 10:22 pm
amother wrote:
Can you recommend a specific blade?

I don't remember (I think we lent it out), but I don't think it should be so difficult to find it at Home Depot. It had a pink handle.

Miri1

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 10:23 pm
amother wrote:
I use dawns power resolve
Follow the directions and Its amazing
Walmart sells it

I don't know what that is, but watch out with the chemicals you put into a self clean.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 10:44 pm
Miri1 wrote:
I don't remember (I think we lent it out), but I don't think it should be so difficult to find it at Home Depot. It had a pink handle.

Like this?
http://www.appliancezone.com/5.....uQCwg

sky

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 10:57 am
you can try baking soda and water to form a paste. Let it sit and then scrub. Or you can try ammonia
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry