Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
April Fools Prank
1  2  Next

HeartyAppetite

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 11:50 pm
Anyone have any April fools prank I can pull on DH. Nothing mean, just something funny, to laugh about...

abound

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 1:35 am
If youve never done it yet, then I would suggest to refrain even though it may be fun. A marriage is a place that a person should feel the safest, a prank makes you feel like the rug was pulled out from under you. even though it may seem harmless, a strong marriage is too deep for that.

finallyamommy

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 5:08 am
I agree, don't do it.

water_bear88

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 6:13 am
I think it depends on your dh's sense of humor. I made up a news story I thought he'd be interested in/laugh at, told him I'd read it online and then once we'd discussed it for a couple of minutes I asked him what the date was. He thought for a moment and then laughed.

For sure, don't do anything nasty or gross, and don't do anything embarrassing. (I personally don't think a believable but fake news story is embarrassing; I'd also laugh if I fell for such a prank.)

Sadie

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 6:27 am
I don't have any ideas, but I don't think there's anything wrong with a prank as long as it's not a mean one. You know your husband's sense of humor better than anyone, so you'd be the best judge of whether he'd find something funny or offensive.

8mom

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 6:27 am
My dh told me this morning that he received an email inviting him to be a scholar in residence at a hotel for Pesach. Before I got too excited he said "April Fool!" Still smiling about it now!

gp2.0

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 6:48 am
April fools is a horrible premise. Why would you want to make someone else feel foolish?

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 8:53 am
I'm with those who say tread carefully.
Most - some may posit all - pranks involve some sort of onaas devarim, etc. (Though I could see enjoying a good fake news story myself. Assuming that I wasn't strung along very long and embarrassed in front of others.)

Sadie

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 9:00 am
Looks like John Oliver is firmly in the "no" camp:

(Warning for language)

invisiblecircus

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 9:26 am
My husband likes jokes and is half expecting me to do something (nothing major!)

This morning he asked me if I picked up challah, and I told him I also bought some of his favourite cakes from the bakery. He was really pleased and surprised. When he gets home, I'm going to tell him it was a joke and I didn't really get the cakes. In reality, I DID get them, so he won't be disappointed in the end.

I'm only doing this because I know he likes this kind of joke and is doing something similar with his workmates (making something nice seem like an April fools joke when in reality it's not.)

abound

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 10:02 am
UKmum wrote:
My dh told me this morning that he received an email inviting him to be a scholar in residence at a hotel for Pesach. Before I got too excited he said "April Fool!" Still smiling about it now!

Love it!

sleepybeauty

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 10:03 am
Obviously, don't do anything mean and it depends on your husband's personality, but I think it can be cute.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 10:04 am
abound wrote:
Love it!

Really? I would probably punch him.

GrowingUp

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 10:08 am

I personally wouldn't do any of them, but these are some great harmless ideas.

ETA: Okay, I'll be honest. I'd totally do that backup camera prank. It's so awesome!

Riki12345

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 10:56 am
Told my husband I made reservations for chol homoed in the carribeans. He was all excited (we had planned it already for a while). It worked for half hour until he realized I was ignoring his request for the hotel's confirmation email...

HonesttoGod

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 11:02 am
Sent my husband a positive pregnancy test picture but he totally got it right away.
It ultimately depends on your relationship and personality. We are constantly joking and poking fun with each other so for us it is just another laugh.
If it was anything major (like booked a vacation but it turns out false) I would be upset but not mad. He is my husband! Why get mad at a joke?!

little_mage

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 11:31 am
One of my friends on facebook posted a picture of all the food in his fridge with googly eyes. I thought it was funny, although I was also utterly awed that someone spent as much time as that must have taken...

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 11:33 am
little_mage wrote:
One of my friends on facebook posted a picture of all the food in his fridge with googly eyes. I thought it was funny, although I was also utterly awed that someone spent as much time as that must have taken...

Hm, do you think he might be the one responsible for the now iconic foiled covered Pesach house? We always assumed it was bochrim who should have been put to work or sent to the beis medrash by their mothers.

imasinger

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 11:53 am
Yahoo news posted a prank story that Trader Joe's is closing in 2017.

http://www.bostonherald.com/bu....._down

losingweight

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 11:59 am
One family got a text that they are going to a hotel for shabbos hagadol with the parents paying. When the hype was on, happy April fool!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics