Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
New nurse, new shaitel?

becksters

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 12:14 am
Okay, this might sound like a silly question. I just started my first job as a nurse. I am just wearing my weekday shaitel, which is a shoulder length layered cut with side bangs. I wore it for clinicals and it was fine, but sometimes the hair in the front would get in my way. Now that I will be working, I would like to get a new shaitel that is a bit more practical- looks nice and professional, but won't get in my way when I'm dealing with patients, and is comfortable for twelve hour shifts.

Any suggestions?

chocolatecake

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 12:21 am
Pony shaitel

cnc

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 12:23 am
Pony or fall

SingALong

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 1:07 am
I just cut my long wavy side bang wig into a fuller bang, back length just reaching the shoulder. Shaitel macher crimped it in the back with little tiny curls, a bit of a messy look. Super comfortable, light, easy to move around in. I find it more comfortable than my pony. A bang straight across is also easy to work in.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 1:23 am
Doesn't a pony sheitel always have side hairs falling in your face?

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 1:49 am
Mazel tov on your new job

groisamomma

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 1:51 am
Congratulations on your new job! A short bob is easy to work in and professional at the same time.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 1:51 am
Mazel tov on your new job

Shuly

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 11:44 am
My friend who is a nurse wears a headband fall pulled back into a ponytail.

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 11:46 am
Most of the women I know who work in the medical field wear a fall pony

ChutzPAh

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 12:46 pm
A fall is your best bet. I used to wear one, but now I'm too old for it to look normal so I wear a full Shaitel with Bobby pins on the side to keep it out of my way.

newmommy:)

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 2:26 pm
would you go for an iband on top of a fall? that way you can pull it all out of your face.
I second the pony thing, just make sure whatever you're wearing isn't too tight, wear a band instead of clipping it to your hair and ALWAYS keep bobby pins or clips to get those oh-so-frustrating hairs out of your face!!
hatzlocha on your new job!! Smile

superresponsibleme

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 4:50 pm
I guess a mitpachat would not work? That would seem the most comfortable.

westchestermom

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 7:03 pm
I also work in a hospital and you can definitely wear a tichel, that's what the medical students wear. There are many different women who cover their hair, muslims and Rastafarians for example.

eschaya

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 7:44 pm
I wear a tichel (Israeli type). It's so normal to do so... anyone in the OR or anytime there is a sterile procedure you have to cover your hair anyway.
I actually bought myself a short, light bob before I started working as a nurse, but found that even the most comfortable sheitel becomes unpleasant after 12 hours, especially when it's overnight. And many hospitals will ask that nurses pull back long hair anyway for purposes of hygiene and infection control. Also, if I wore a sheitel I'd want to wash it so much more often, what with the secretions, blood, and bacteria abounding...
But if you do want a sheitel, make sure it's something that can be pulled back, no long bangs, and super comfortable.
Hatzlacha in your new job.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics