Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Have you watched Vaxxed ?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Maya

Post Thu, Apr 28 2016, 1:19 pm
goldrose wrote:
Umm. Simple things are not endlessly, heatedly debated over.

Just because some morons made a big deal over nothing and continue to do so very loudly doesn't mean they have valid arguments or make it a complicated discussion. It's very simple. Vaccines save lives. End of story.

goldrose

Post Thu, Apr 28 2016, 2:45 pm
Maya wrote:
Just because some morons made a big deal over nothing and continue to do so very loudly doesn't mean they have valid arguments or make it a complicated discussion. It's very simple. Vaccines save lives. End of story.

Except that the story ISN'T over. Or people wouldn't still be talking about it.
You don't see people debating the color of the sky. It's obvious. Vaccines are not.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Apr 28 2016, 3:11 pm
goldrose wrote:
You don't see people debating the color of the sky. It's obvious. Vaccines are not.

You know, there are people who debate whether the earth is flat.

There are also people who think the sun revolves around the Earth.

They make VERY heated arguments about these matters.

Just because there are people talking about something and debating vigorously, does not mean their claim is valid or logical.

Is your claim valid or logical? I have no personal opinion on this yet. But trying to prove the validity of your claim by saying people still talk about it is NOT a compelling argument.

Maya

Post Thu, Apr 28 2016, 3:27 pm
goldrose wrote:

It's not obvious to me that the sky is blue. I think it's red. I go around making passionate speeches and get into heated debates about this. Therefore this means I have a valid claim to the sky being a different color than the reality, because I am loudly talking about it.

Nothing different in the vaccines issue. The science is debunked and false, it's only a few loudmouths who can't let it go.

goldrose

Post Thu, Apr 28 2016, 3:44 pm
Whatever. You don't have to pick on my words. Point being, people need to thoroughly research before giving shots. Or risk adverse reactions. Even if YOU don't think so.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Apr 28 2016, 3:58 pm
How come nobody posted about the recent Harvard mumps outbreak? All 40 people who got the mumps were vaccinated for it. Every single one of them.

goldrose

Post Thu, Apr 28 2016, 5:50 pm
amother wrote:
How come nobody posted about the recent Harvard mumps outbreak? All 40 people who got the mumps were vaccinated for it. Every single one of them.

Probably because nobody knew about it, since the mainstream media doesn't report such things.

goldrose

Post Thu, Apr 28 2016, 6:01 pm
amother wrote:

Btw, this is part of the problem with getting vaccinated, specifically for mumps. Until a boy reaches puberty, mumps doesn't affect his fertility. Once he hits puberty, though, mumps can cause sterility. Ideally, people should get mumps as children so they aren't at risk once they hit puberty. Vaccines prevent that but then wear off when the kids are older leaving them vulnerable.

goldrose

Post Thu, Apr 28 2016, 6:20 pm

suremom

Post Thu, Apr 28 2016, 6:21 pm
its pointless for those anti vax to try to prove that its unsafe. rather, those who are pro should bring proof that it is safe. and whatever proof you bring must be legitimate. not funded by anyone who has a motive to promote it. (like imasoftov cartoon point) before I put anything into my/my childs body it needs to be proven to me 100% that it is safe. not that its not unsafe!

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Apr 28 2016, 6:21 pm
It's all over the media. Here's some info http://www.vox.com/2016/4/28/1.....rvard

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Apr 28 2016, 6:32 pm
The 50% survival rate of the human population in Victorian England was ~10 years of age. This means that 50% of people did not make it to puberty due to infectious disease. Now, the 50% survival rate in the same country is ~80. Sanitation, public health measures and vaccines...

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Apr 28 2016, 7:26 pm
amother wrote:
The 50% survival rate of the human population in Victorian England was ~10 years of age. This means that 50% of people did not make it to puberty due to infectious disease. Now, the 50% survival rate in the same country is ~80. Sanitation, public health measures and vaccines...

So far all 40 people who got the mumps in this outbreak are still living.

amother
Cyan

Post Sat, Apr 30 2016, 11:28 pm
I watched Robert dineros nbc interview. It seems the point he is making is that vaccination is not safe for CERTAIN people. That maybe it could trigger autism in certain prone people.

And I don't think it's that far fetched that's there would be cover-ups about vaccine risk. They don't want to create panick and 50% of ppl would stop vaccinating. So keep the small risk a secret for the greater good...

goldrose

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 1:51 am
amother wrote:
I watched Robert dineros nbc interview. It seems the point he is making is that vaccination is not safe for CERTAIN people. That maybe it could trigger autism in certain prone people.

And I don't think it's that far fetched that's there would be cover-ups about vaccine risk. They don't want to create panick and 50% of ppl would stop vaccinating. So keep the small risk a secret for the greater good...

Point he's making is that it needs to be investigated, and, no, the discussion is not over.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 12:43 pm
What I want to know is, how up to date were the Harvard students? When did they get their most recent boosters? Adults tend to forget that they need to keep up to date on their vaccines.

Before we came to Israel, everyone in the family had a full titre panel done, and we all got caught up. (I didn't know how hard or easy it would be under our new medical insurance, so I figured we'd just get it done ahead of time.) It turned out that I needed varicella, and DD needed meningitis boosters.

A good friend of mine lost his fiance, when she was in college. She came down with some sort of "flu" while she was cramming for finals. 24 hours later she was dead. It turned out that she had gotten meningitis, and her vaccine was out of date. It was so tragic, and totally preventable. It happened a week before the planned wedding. Crying

Maybe

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 2:36 pm
Maya wrote:

Please don't confuse me with the facts , I made my mind up.

Cyan Wrote

And I don't think it's that far fetched that's there would be cover-ups about vaccine risk. They don't want to create panick and 50% of ppl would stop vaccinating. So keep the small risk a secret for the greater good

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is that why CDC should lie to the MDs ? actually by lying they are destroying the public trust even more

Sounds like Egyptian philosophy, murder a minority of Jewish babies for the greater good of Egypt's ruling majority.

To Maya
https://www.google.com/#safe=s.....ian+cancer

Ovarian cancer kills 1% of US middle age women, is that how MMR saves lives ?

Last edited by Maybe on Sun, May 01 2016, 2:56 pm; edited 5 times in total

Maya

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 2:40 pm
Maybe wrote:
Please don't confuse me with the facts , I made my mind up.

I know you're being sarcastic and trying to pin that cute little zinger on the pro-vax group, but in reality it's apropos only to your side.

suremom

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 2:49 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

A good friend of mine lost his fiance, when she was in college. She came down with some sort of "flu" while she was cramming for finals. 24 hours later she was dead. It turned out that she had gotten meningitis, and her vaccine was out of date. It was so tragic, and totally preventable. It happened a week before the planned wedding. Crying

do you know how many different strains of meningitis there are? this story is very unfortunate but that doesn't mean this specific strain was vaccine preventable. just as a btw, did they test or assume that it was meningitis?

Maybe

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 3:36 pm
amother wrote:
You know, there are people who debate whether the earth is flat.

There are also people who think the sun revolves around the Earth.

They make VERY heated arguments about these matters.

Just because there are people talking about something and debating vigorously, does not mean their claim is valid or logical.

Is your claim valid or logical? I have no personal opinion on this yet. But trying to prove the validity of your claim by saying people still talk about it is NOT a compelling argument.

Would it make sense to you, to talk to parents who have a few vaxxed & a few non vaxxed kids the see the difference ?

Same genes, air, school etc. 1 major chage. Compare how many sick visits each child had ,@ what age they started crawling walking talking ?
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics