Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Zoodels

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Apr 04 2016, 2:46 pm
Watching my weight and I'd like to try zoodels as supper side dish. Anyone have a good recipe???

israel22

Post Mon, Apr 04 2016, 2:53 pm
I use it instead of spaggetti just put in frying pan with a little olive oil and cook for a few min can eat that with meatballs or cheese and sauce its really yum. If I do with cheese and sauce I saute first onions and peppers and other vegis and add it at the end.

also for a side dish on shabbos I will also saute onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes with salt pepper and garlic and add zoodles at the end and even carrots zoodled- I call them coodles Wink and either serve like that or add tomato or marinara sauce. YUM!!!!!! If your doing with out the sauce you just make sure to do alot of spices enjoy!

sky

Post Mon, Apr 04 2016, 3:09 pm
Oven Steamed Julienne Vegetables: http://www.imamother.com/forum.....58779

Zucchini Spaghetti Salad: http://www.imamother.com/forum.....62325

tichellady

Post Mon, Apr 04 2016, 3:32 pm
I like them best raw ( with dressing) or roasted al Dente at 425 for 5-7 minutes with olive oil and salt.

Salad- I make them like sesame noodles, with basil and garlic, lemon juice and avacado, with pesto, with avacado dressing.

Roasted with poached eggs and salsa and Avacado or with meatballs and sauce or with cottage cheese and tomato sauce or with a saucy chicken dish.

AlwaysThinking

Post Mon, Apr 04 2016, 4:48 pm
I use them sometimes just instead of spaghetti with meatballs etc. but remember to add plenty of protein, healthy fats and even some healthy carby veg like carrots or even sweet potato or you'll be hungry five minutes later. It's nice if you feel like eating pasta but don't want the calories, but it's no good as a meal option.

tichellady

Post Mon, Apr 04 2016, 4:57 pm
Riff wrote:
I use them sometimes just instead of spaghetti with meatballs etc. but remember to add plenty of protein, healthy fats and even some healthy carby veg like carrots or even sweet potato or you'll be hungry five minutes later. It's nice if you feel like eating pasta but don't want the calories, but it's no good as a meal option.

I agree that they are not very filling which is perfect for me on a day when I had a heavy carby lunch ( pizza, lasagna) and want to focus on protein and veggies without filling deprived.

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Apr 04 2016, 6:01 pm
I sauté with olive oil and lots of garlic.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking