Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Any way to earn about $200 a month?
Previous  1  2

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Apr 06 2016, 8:39 pm
direct sales and/or network marketing. Direct sales would be easier to make $200+ per month easily right away. First week, even. Network marketing might make more over the very long term but the beginning months are rough.

Bruria

Post Wed, Apr 06 2016, 9:35 pm
amother wrote:
How do people do this when there are kashrus issues?

If people know you well enough and you keep up kashrus according to your community's standards, this shouldn't be an issue( for example, if your community keeps yashan and only eats chalav israel, obviously your kashrus will only be trusted assuming you keep it too). You can also look for hashgacha, that would be more expensive though.
There was this lady in a city I lived previously, she used to make amazing pesach deserts as a side income for this time, everyone ordered from her.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Apr 06 2016, 10:12 pm
rgr wrote:
How would you start something like that?

Re writing - As I mentioned before, there's all sorts of business writing you can do. I know there's a real demand in some niches and frum companies would like to work with frum writers.

You should really start by asking anyone you know who is a business writer what courses they took and how they broke into their specific field. Or look up frum writers on LinkedIn.

If you would like to do copywriting, you can connect to freelance graphic designers who will refer their clients to you or hire you directly for different jobs.

Product descriptions, you can connect to anyone who sells things on Amazon or the like. Many companies may like to hire more people to do their product descriptions.

Write a few samples before so you have what to show them.

You can either go the above route, which while harder to break into will earn you a nice amount of money per product description or writing project, or you can establish yourself on places like Fivver, where you can charge about $20 per job but possibly get more gigs. I would recommend going with the first route.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Apr 06 2016, 10:50 pm
amother wrote:
If you are good at writing, you can try product description or technical writing.

You will need training and practice, but if you are motivated you can start making money very soon.

You can make a nice income and choose how many jobs to take each month.

I'd love to hear more about this. Is this like writing for Amazon?

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Apr 06 2016, 10:54 pm
amother wrote:
I'd love to hear more about this. Is this like writing for Amazon?

Disregard, I somehow didn't see the last post before mine.

Goldie613

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 12:16 pm
amother wrote:
These threads are so depressing to me. I can't watch other people's kids, I really can't stand kids other than my own. Tutoring doesn't work because everyone and their uncle tutors and also the hours in which it can be done are very limited, because it has to be outside of school hours which is when your own kids are home. And again, I don't like kids so much, so I can only tutor high schoolers. I do some freelance writing, but it's a lot of work for very little reward because your stuff has to be accepted in the first place...

Are you handy? Lots of people would pay someone to help them with those "some assembly required" items. A kid's toy might not take long, and therefore earn less, but putting together a crib or a bookcase that someone bought un-assembled at target, walmart or the local equivalent? That can take a good couple of hours, depending on how bad the instructions are.

Are you good at computers? Could you help someone with learning how to use them? Another mom who'd like to learn could bring her own baby over while you teach her.

What about running errands for people? I don't have any idea what this would pay, but if you are going shopping anyway with the kids in tow, you could shop for people who are homebound due to age or medical issues.

Didn't moms used to sell Avon or have tupperware parties? Anyone know if those still exist, and what kind of money that would pay?

shooting star

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 9:16 am
Some ideas:

1) Writing (as mentioned before). I've done this. Applied on Craigslist for a job entering product descriptions for wine. This was at least 7 years ago and paid about $15 an hour CDN. Its tough to find gigs like this but it's possible.

2) Stock Photography. If you have a good camera and some skill you can take picture on your own time and sell them online. It would not pay upfront but would make money over time with no additional work.

3) Freelance design. You would need the right skills and program knowledge. I didn't personally find the pay to be good enough for my time. Especially with demanding clients who expect the world for $12 an hour.

4) Freelance/part-time admin work. This is best if you know someone who runs a small business, needs help, but can't afford to pay a full-time headcount.

5) B2B sales. Yes, you will need to get some industry experience to make a good income. But it can be a REALLY good income after investing some years in that industry. At first you may need to take a position that is mostly commission-based if you can talk yourself into the role (providing you don't have the experience). Because you only want part-time hours you would get paid a premium rate (after you are more experienced). The company I work for that hired a salesperson for 5 hours a week @ $75 USD per hour.

6) Event planning. I've seen a lot of people be successful at this and they can have a lot of flexibility with hours other than the actual event. Meet with clients (or vendors) in the evening after kids go to bed and when possible, arrange calls during naps. For the event itself you would easily make enough money to justify babysitting. The first few events may be just for your portfolio (recommendations) but after that you can limit your clients to what works for your schedule.

Tel Tzion Ima

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 2:07 pm
Transcription can be done a flexible schedule, and you could earn $200 a month by working about 20 hours a month. Can you work for an hour a day after your husband gets home/kids go to sleep, or is there an hour where everyone is out or napping? You could try Transcribeme.com, escribers.net, or transcriptionforeveryone.com (I didn't double check the Web addresses, so if any don't work, let me know.)

oliviablond

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 7:35 am
I make approximetely 400$ per month with my eCommerce. I sell fashion jewelry on it. Have you ever thought about creating online store and starting selling anything on it? If this idea is suitable for you and you don't actually know where to start from, go to this source with wordpress website templates http://www.templatemonster.com.....s.php and pick the theme you like. Believe me, the customization process is absolutely painless:) If you have any questions, you can always pm me:)

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 8:32 am
with ebay and amazon you can eventually make a lot more then 200$ but you do need to invest in the beginning so that you get good ratings.

There is a lot of info online and there are courses you can take t get you started, without good ratings you won't end up high on the site and no one will buy so you have to know how.

This is what my dad does for a living (he makes as much as my mom does as a successful real estate agent) but he puts in 6 hours a day and it took him a while to build the business.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers