Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Kids Program before Pesach
1  2  Next

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 8:31 am
Unfortunately I am working until Thursday Erev Pesach, and my kids will be off as of Tuesday. Is there any place where I can send my girls for a full day so that I can work in peace? Either Boro Park or Flatbush is ok

cnc

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 8:34 am
Location?

Stars

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 8:35 am
Unfortunately I am working on erev pesach itself and all through chol hamoed. What are the options when your kid is off from three days before?

HonesttoGod

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 8:35 am
I will be working until Friday erev pesach I have hired a nanny to watch them for that week as from experience last year, I had no one to watch them that week.
Most people are busy cleaning. I don't know of any girls doing backyard camps during those days in my area but apparently in some areas on Brooklyn they do do that.
Assuming you are in brooklyn.

lfab

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 8:36 am
In many communities high school girls host pre-pesach camps so that might work for the days before Y"T. If you post your location people might be able to make more specific suggestions for your community.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 9:46 am
Funtastic is having pre Pesach programs on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in both Flatbush and Boro Park.
They aren't cheap but I sent last year and they are very responsible and they have exciting programs that keep the kids happy. If you register before Sunday there's a slight discount.

347-974-0079

rgr

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 9:48 am
cnc wrote:
Location?

It's under NY related inquiries...

lfab

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 10:01 am
rgr wrote:
It's under NY related inquiries...

Yes, but NY is quite large. Big difference in options available depending if you live in BP, Queens, 5Towns, etc. If OP lives in BP I doubt she would be interested in the contact info for the program that I know of located in Queens-just as an example. A more specific location, and ages of children, would be helpful.

Other option is to hire someone to come to your house. That's what I usually do when my kids are off as the programs are generally geared toward pre-school children and wouldn't cover my baby or school age kids anyway.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 11:15 am
lfab wrote:
Yes, but NY is quite large. Big difference in options available depending if you live in BP, Queens, 5Towns, etc. If OP lives in BP I doubt she would be interested in the contact info for the program that I know of located in Queens-just as an example. A more specific location, and ages of children, would be helpful.

Other option is to hire someone to come to your house. That's what I usually do when my kids are off as the programs are generally geared toward pre-school children and wouldn't cover my baby or school age kids anyway.

OP's original post says Flatbush or Boro Park

cnc

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 11:20 am
ra_mom wrote:
OP's original post says Flatbush or Boro Park

FYI. She edited her post at least twice since I responded.

Unless I'm dreaming, happens pretty often these days... Very Happy

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 11:35 am
my friend is doing in her house just tuesday and thursday on N and 19th. hours 9-3 ages 3-7.
let me know if interested and ill ask her if I can post her #
shes charging $45 child $40 sibling

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 11:57 am
I may be interested in the 19th and N program. Please post contact info.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 12:06 pm
she said I should give her email. shes not comfortable posting her # online
prospectgirl03@yahoo.com

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 8:59 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Funtastic is having pre Pesach programs on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in both Flatbush and Boro Park.
They aren't cheap but I sent last year and they are very responsible and they have exciting programs that keep the kids happy. If you register before Sunday there's a slight discount.

347-974-0079

Thank you Ra Mom for your suggestion. I enrolled my kids to the Funtastic program!
I never knew they existed and I have had horror stories with other programs in the past.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 9:00 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you Ra Mom for your suggestion. I enrolled my kids to the Funtastic program!
I never knew they existed and I have had horror stories with other programs in the past.
My pleasure.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 8:32 pm
do you know the price range for funtastic?
do you have to send 3 days?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 8:35 pm
amother wrote:

$50 per day. Or $135 for 3 days.
They said until April 12 early bird special $120 so if you still want before midnight text them now to register and ask for early bird.

ETA: scratch that. I think the early bird special was supposed to go until the 10th, not the 12th.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sat, Apr 16 2016, 10:26 pm
amother wrote:

I enrolled my kids for the third year now, they are great, and worth every penny.
Its a three day minimum for preschool, two day minimum for grade school.
Anon because of location.

gittylove

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 5:01 pm
Did anyone send their kids to the Funtastic program today? Im interested in enrolling my girls for tomorrow and Thursday. Would love to hear from someone who sent today, Is it organized? Are the kids accounted for? I hear they have adult teachers which is a huge plus for me. Sorry if I sound OCD here, Im just the crazy overprotective type and need to know if my kids will be in good hands while im at work.
Thanks in advance.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 5:12 pm
gittylove wrote:
Did anyone send their kids to the Funtastic program today? Im interested in enrolling my girls for tomorrow and Thursday. Would love to hear from someone who sent today, Is it organized? Are the kids accounted for? I hear they have adult teachers which is a huge plus for me. Sorry if I sound OCD here, Im just the crazy overprotective type and need to know if my kids will be in good hands while im at work.
Thanks in advance.

Hey, I'm like you, don't feel bad. It's super organized. A really big operation (can overwhelm you when you walk in, lol, until you watch how they operate) and professionally run. You sign in when you get there (if you can get there 20 minutes early, it was less busy than when I went last year on time), your daughter gets tagged with her information and place and only then do you leave your daughter holding hands with a counselor who takes her to her classroom. The preschool program has adult teachers. The other counselors look 17. The organizer walks the hallways during the day and nobody can be roaming around. It was actually very nice, I got a surprise pic by phone during the day of my daughters playing. Made me breathe easier. When I came to pick them up they were sitting in an organized circle in the lobby with a bunch of counselors supervising and they were very happy bh.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries