Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift for very wealthy friend

amother
Black

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 11:00 pm
I have this amazing friend. She's a very wealthy woman and is the kind of person who just detests gashmius. She would absolutely not appreciate a robe or perfume or anything like that. She is hosting our entire family for the entire pesach. We are bringing the matzo for everyone, but what can I bring to show her how incredibly grateful I am that she is having us? (and has helped us out financially in the past when we were struggling)

Blue jay

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 11:39 pm
A bottle of wine and flowers to go along with the matzot. And a beautiful card with a note from the heart!

She sounds very special!

singleagain

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 11:40 pm
Would she appreciate some type of certificate to pamper herself?

Perhaps you know she needs a new (insert item) either she's still using an old or broken or out of date one?

Maybe something cutesy to do with Seder?

Goldie613

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 11:52 pm
I don't know what you're looking to spend, but here are a few possibilities...

Is there a particular author or Rav whose books she enjoys? Maybe a new book of stories about gedolim or something like a new haggadah or Pirkeh Avos with commentaries (in English or Hebrew, depending on her preference).

What about something to add to the beauty of the seder, like a nice vase with flowers? Or a new serving dish of some kind? Nothing fancy, if that's not her thing, but there are some nice ones that say "Pesach" or "Matza" on them that she might be ok with.

I know some people don't eat ready made foods on Pesach, but if she does, what about some cakes or candies? These can also be set up on a nice platter.

What about a wine bottle or some wine glasses? Or even just a couple of bottles of "good" wine? Again, it's something she can use for the seder, so that might work.

The other option would be to think about her as a person. Is there something she enjoys doing or likes reading about? Does she have a particular hobby that you can maybe use as an inspiration?

The other option is to give her something that you might bring for anyone hosting you for a Yom Tov, but include a personal note expressing your sincere gratitude and appreciation of her efforts on your behalf, and of her as a person. If you go this route, it might be best to send it to her ahead of time or to ask her to read the note later, just in case she's embarrassed or uncomfortable with words of praise.

Greenbelle

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 11:55 pm
if you are a good writer, you can write her a poem from the heart on a beautiful card, telling her what her friendship means to you and your family.

boysrus

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 12:01 am
lots of good ideas here already, I have none to add. But I just wanted to say that I am so happy for you that you have such a kind and generous friend! I hope yomtov will be really enjoyable and uplifting for your family and for hers.

UnFarvosNischt

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 12:40 am
Maybe a new Jewish book about Pessach? I'm thinking about Rabbi David Fohrman's newest book, "The Expdus you almost passed over". No idea of it's adequate to your friend according to her background but I find a good Jewish book being an amazing gift to enhance a chag!

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 9:07 am
We were in a situation where I wanted to do something, gift or otherwise to show appreciation for some very well off people. We wound up sponsoring the learning in our shul (I don't remember if it was a day or a week) in their honor. The shul sent them a nice certificate. They loved it.

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 10:05 am
a nice hagadda ... the kind with inspirational commentaries

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 11:19 am
just want to point out I know of a lot people that wont put flowers on their table on pesach so just bear that in mind...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics