Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Choose Your Ideal Vacation
1  2  3  Next

Which would you choose for an Ideal Vacay?
LA and Hawaii  
 19%  [ 23 ]
Arizona and Las Vegas  
 1%  [ 2 ]
Sedona AZ, Las Vegas AND LA  
 3%  [ 4 ]
Hawaii only  
 23%  [ 28 ]
Cancun or down south somewhere  
 22%  [ 26 ]
Elsewhere - where and why?  
 29%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 118

HonesttoGod

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 11:34 am
You are gifted an endless amount of money to go on whichever vacation you want. For 10 days with no kids.
You choose, comment why you would choose that and what you would do.

chocolate chips

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 11:39 am
Haha this is funny I am just planning my dream vacation. I chose LA and Hawaii because I love a beach vacation and it is my all time dream to see both places.

ETA: Is Sedona in Arizona? I have never heard of it although I have heard of people going to Arizona...what is there to do there?

glamourmom

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 11:44 am
picked LA and Hawaii. LA is convenient because of kosher amenities, minyanim and there's Disneyland!
Hawaii sounds exotic and fun.

pause

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 12:17 pm
I'm always saying I'd go to Hawaii. For Shabbas, though, I'd stay someplace in California because there are halachic issues with the International Date Line.

cnc

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 12:19 pm
Would definitely love Hawaii but I'm an awful traveler and there's no way I would handle the flight, (even with a stopover).

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 12:34 pm
Australia!!

Or Europe... Switzerland, Italy...

Or if it had to be US- Alaska during the northern lights in the summer.

I don't want to do beaches and oceans as... I see it all the time. I live in CA!

flowerpower

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 12:42 pm
Too many places!!!!!

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 12:49 pm
Is this a real question for you or theoretical? I would choose Argentina, Italy or Japan. We loved other places we traveled to but I would want to go somewhere new. If you are asking where you should go, well it depends what you like. We loved Thailand and South Africa.

chagru

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 1:03 pm
I would go to maldives Sunday to Thursday with shabbos in Hong Kong then Beijing and koi Samui for a few days each. Another option would be an Eastern Caribbuan cruise then Cancun and Cozumel

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 1:06 pm
I've been to many different places on different continents and for me, the beach, warm weather with good shops and varied kosher food options is the best.

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 1:07 pm
For people choosing Italy, a combination of Rome Venice and Florence is very nice.

Riki12345

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 1:14 pm
Bora Bora

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 2:02 pm
Hawaii. I'd want to go somewhere warm, relaxing and exotic but would like to stay in the US because of comfort issues.
But I would love to go from Sunday through Friday and then head on to California for an extended weekend.

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 2:04 pm
A few years ago, DH and I left our children with our parents and took a vacation by ourselves for the first time.

We spent 9 days in Arizona and had the most amazing trip. We flew into Phoenix, rented a car, and immediately drove up to Sedona. We spent 2 nights there and just brought food with us. One of the days we drove to the Grand Canyon.

Then we moved on to Scottsdale/Phoenix and spent a few days there. It was so nice to spend a full day touring and then go out for a late dinner and not have to worry about anyone's bedtime! And there is so much to do and see in Arizona.

We rounded out the trip with a night in Tucson and then flew back home to the cold and snow.

causemommysaid

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 2:24 pm
Ireland, England, Scotland

Taiwan, Japan, Hong Kong

France, Switzerland, Italy

Australia, New Zealand

saw50st8

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 3:02 pm
amother wrote:
Australia!!

Or Europe... Switzerland, Italy...

Or if it had to be US- Alaska during the northern lights in the summer.

I don't want to do beaches and oceans as... I see it all the time. I live in CA!

Australia is amazing.

My dream vacation would be a Peru, Bolivia, Chile combination. I really want to see Macchu Picchu, the salt plains and a ton of other stuff.

A safari in Africa would also be amazing.

morahmommy

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 3:30 pm
Eretz Yisroel! Don't know why that wasn't a choice

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 3:57 pm
Unlimited funds: Isreal!!!!

A luxury apartment in or near the old city for a few days, then a couple days up north, a day or two at Masada and yam hamelech.
More time, I'd add Eilat, Casearia, Natanya.

If Isreal is not possible, Europe, a few years ago would have been Paris in there, but probably off the list. I'd tour Italy up and down, maybe Switzerland and probably Monaco and south of France or maybe Spain.

On day, will do Grand Canyon and Arizona, don't need unlimited funds for that.

I would do a Kosherica or KRM tour to anywhere! Upgraded rooms obviously!

I would do some Island in the Caribbean or Mexico that has gourmet food available.

Quote:
It was so nice to spend a full day touring and then go out for a late dinner and not have to worry about anyone's bedtime!

Any vacation away from kids gives that! You could go to a cheap motel in New Jersey too Very Happy

I usually enjoy that part of being way more than anything!But, I find that I'm on the phone with the kids in the morning, when they get home and making sure they do homework and bedtime, can't shut the mommy hood off...

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 3:59 pm
pause wrote:
I'm always saying I'd go to Hawaii. For Shabbas, though, I'd stay someplace in California because there are halachic issues with the International Date Line.

It's not so complicated, we did it for our honeymoon.

I would love to go to Cape Town

amother
Emerald

Post Sat, Apr 09 2016, 3:21 pm
To the amother above me. Cape Town is amazing. One of the most beautiful places I've seen. We went in our summer which is there Winter and it was warm but not very hot. Swimming in the ocean is very cold at that time of year. Yet the beauty and variety of things to see makes it a fabulous vacation destination.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics