Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How to clean magna tiles for Pesach

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 12:44 pm
I was thinking of throwing them in the washing machine in some kind of mesh bag?

Happydance

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 12:52 pm
dont clean them
and I would definately not wash them in a washing machine, and they would ll stick together and not get clean anyway
just make sure there are no big crumbs in the box and then on pesach, after playing with magnatiles have your children wash their hands before they come to eat

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 12:53 pm
amother wrote:
I was thinking of throwing them in the washing machine in some kind of mesh bag?

Why can't you just wipe them down with wipes? Or put them in a bucket of soapy water and then let them dry in the sun?

leahleah

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 12:54 pm
Ok thanks!

youngishbear

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 1:08 pm
Don't put them in water. It gets stuck inside and never dries.

Just wipe them with a damp rag or baby wipes.

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 1:54 pm
I would also only surface clean and only if you really think there's chametz on them. Otherwise, I'd do a visual check for chametz and call it a day.

Ms.MaryMack(inblack)

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 5:00 pm
thanks, I was wondering the same thing. I was planning on putting them in a mesh-bag. Now I think I'll wash them down with a rag

seeker

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 5:02 pm
IMHO (in my halachic opinion Wink ) MagnaTiles are floor toys, they are not going on your counter or table, and do not need to be cleaned for Pesach. Dump out the box to make sure there are no cookies in there and then put the magnatiles back in.

Ms.MaryMack(inblack)

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 5:07 pm
My kids think its cool to make a box and put their shbs nosh in it.....
They also land up in the strangest places, thats what you get when you have a 19 month old.

seeker

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 5:17 pm
However, according to my understanding of the halachos of cleaning out chometz, that does not matter as long as there is not CURRENTLY any chometzdig "shabbos nosh" in the magnatiles box.

MamaBear

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 5:31 pm
Ms.MaryMack(inblack) wrote:
My kids think its cool to make a box and put their shbs nosh in it.....
They also land up in the strangest places, thats what you get when you have a 19 month old.

On the other hand, there are many families that would never allow this. If I saw my kids taking food to the play area and building around their food, I'd tell them to stop.

In 13 years of pesach cleaning, I one time found a pretzel. That's it. I think some families are just stricter with this kind of stuff.

maapse

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 5:39 pm
Why do they need cleaning? Are you serving food on them?

Simple1

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 5:40 pm
seeker wrote:
IMHO (in my halachic opinion Wink ) MagnaTiles are floor toys, they are not going on your counter or table, and do not need to be cleaned for Pesach. Dump out the box to make sure there are no cookies in there and then put the magnatiles back in.

If I'll be honest, we don't usually get to cleaning all the toys. But I often regret it because there's always one kid who brings something or another onto the table on Pesach, even after all my warnings.

Miri1

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 6:05 pm
Don't wash them, I was pondering the same thing, but I think submerging in water would ruin them.
Wiping down with a cloth makes more sense.

momof2+?

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 6:33 pm
Please don't submerge. I'm practically sure that water will get in, and you won't be able to get it out....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics