Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Please advise on young British communities in Israel

Anonlon

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 7:02 am
Hi!
I have been reading almost all the posts on Aliyah to find out more information on different communities!
In the past I got really helpful replies so I hope I will get this time!!
We have a few requirements and don't think we can budge on any of them! Would love to hear from people who think there is a community that would be good for us!
We are looking for a community that has...
- some British Olim
- some young couples 20-27, one or two kids
- an atmosphere of growth - Chardal, Torani, modern Charaidi - something like that.
- People that actually want to integrate into Israeli society

Obviously we don't need everyone in the community to be exactly like this but we have learnt from living in a few different places that we need a strong group of people that we can make some good friends and hopefully one day our kids can 2!

One of the options we keep hearing is Bet Shemesh - please advise which neighborhood would fit our criteria the best?

Thanks so much

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 7:30 am
Beit Shemesh is great for the reasons you listed but not a place where your kids will integrate 100% like they would in a place with more Israelis. They will become very Israeli, but always have the English/Anglo side to them, like all the kids in my community do (I live in RBS A) For me that is a good thing, some might disagree and say that its better for the children to identify more as an Israeli so they don't feel confused.

But, you will feel more comfortable and your aliyah is much easier when you have people with culture that is familiar around you.

Anonlon

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 7:47 am
Thank you for answering at the moment we only have a baby so hard to imagine how he will be when he is older (and other future kids ImyH) but we are trying to find somewhere that has that balance between integrating (which is why we've made Aliyah) and (as you say) feeling more comfortable with people with a similar culture. That is why we are asking for Brits as opposed to any English speaking communities! Wink

Can you describe your community?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions