Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Flu--Insane!

amother
Black

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 12:06 pm
2 of my kids have flu B, and the baby has flu A, which means she didn't catch it from them. (They also have strep, yay)

The baby also had flu A 3 weeks ago, too...it was horrible. He had fever for more than a week that Tylenol and motrin didn't really help....he was lethargic for another week plus after. Just now finally getting back to himself Sad

I'm just hoping that this time we caught the flu early enough for the Tamiflu to actually work. When the baby had the flu 3 weeks ago, we started tamiflu too late and it didn't help at all.

Another child has a cold, no fever or other symptoms, but now I'm wondering if that's really the flu too....Where does the baby keep catching it from????

I don't even know if this post is a vent or what. I guess just wondering if anyone else had this experience...kids repeatedly getting the flu in the same season ?

(And we all had the flu shot this year fwiw)

glamourmom

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 12:34 pm
I don't know first hand but I've heard that some people had this experience. they got the flu shot and were more susceptible to getting it.

I'm sorry you're going thru this.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 12:58 pm
glamourmom wrote:
I don't know first hand but I've heard that some people had this experience. they got the flu shot and were more susceptible to getting it.

I'm sorry you're going thru this.

Sorry, OP. Refuah shelayma. Glamourmom, flu shot doesn't always work, but the more people that get it in a community, the better it will work. It does not make you "more susceptible" to illness.

glamourmom

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 1:16 pm
by more susceptible I meant, instead of the body fighting off the germ and creating antibodies, it instead becomes a full blown flu.

sorry if my word usage was enigmatic.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 2:02 pm
Thanks for the support!!

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 2:42 pm
I would check with your ped before giving Tamiflu twice in one season. Most insurance companies are only covering it once per season anyway.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 2:50 pm
amother wrote:
I would check with your ped before giving Tamiflu twice in one season. Most insurance companies are only covering it once per season anyway.

Ped prescribed it. What

(Btw they all had the flu shot back in Dec. so I doubt that's related)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics