Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Were you ever s-xually harrassed by a stranger? WWYD?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 3:42 pm
I feel comfortable by the way I reacted since my children were around, I am just wondering what I would do if I was myself?

MrsDash

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 4:11 pm
Come on, ladies! We are stronger than this! If you feel threatened, walk away. If it's not possible to get away, kick them boys in their family jewels! Don't hold back. Give it all you've got!

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 4:18 pm
amother wrote:
You know what Rose? It is ppl like you who make survivors not be able to tell their story! dream??? medication??? PUHLEASE!!!!! When someone tells their story, you BELIEVE them!

Are you serious? I'm not questioning your story, but this line of thinking - that we have to believe everyone's story just because they tell it - is dangerous.

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 4:51 pm
I've had a number of creepy experiences on egged busses. What I do is say loudly, calmly and assertively in English- you arenbothering me. stop it. Or get away from me right now. Everyone turns around from that and the creepy guy runs away terrified. This happened probably 5+ times in my six years of egged busses. One regular is obviously not 100% and now when he sees me he physically shrinks back from fear and runs away. Very Happy

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 4:56 pm
It happens far too frequently.

Just a few months ago, I was waiting for traffic to pass to get into the driver's side of my parked car, and a car slowed on the other side and a man leaned out the window and yelled "I'm going to %#&@ the *#%@ out of you!!" to me and then drove off.

I was in shock. What? I'm a middle aged mom, was in a very baggy longer skirt, warm boots, with a big bulky jacket and warm hat on. I thought I was barely recognizable as female.

I think he was just doing it for the amusement and shock value but I found it very unsettling and was pretty shaken up for a while. I don't park on that street anymore, even though I know that's irrational. It just creeps me out.

leah233

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 4:58 pm
rlm wrote:
Happens way too often on buses in e'y...

But still people complain about menhadrin bussing.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 5:06 pm
amother wrote:
You know what Rose? It is ppl like you who make survivors not be able to tell their story! dream??? medication??? PUHLEASE!!!!! When someone tells their story, you BELIEVE them!

PUHLEASE!!!!

lets not equate some possible incorrect behavior with zxual abuse survivors ok?

I also have a hard time believing that this happened the way you describe in an operating room full of doctors and nurses with your husband sitting right there.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 5:51 pm
I was getting a treatment on my back by a physical therapist and it takes a lot of hands on work. Usually he will be doing the treatment with on hand and rest the other one on the table or on my back. No problem. One time though he began resting his hand on my rear and it was strange but I didn't say anything I just figured his hand was tired and he couldn't distinguish body parts under the sheet. Then his hand moved down till it was resting on my thigh and was slipping between my thighs. Thankfully it went no further. I never went back to that therapist and when I called to cancel and they asked why I said that I was all better. Looking back I should've said something but I just wanted to get away.

I can believe the operating room story. Whenever I have had surgery the anaesthesiologist has been crotch high to my head on a high stool.

Sadie

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 6:07 pm
leah233 wrote:
But still people complain about menhadrin bussing.

Yeah, because I don't think I should have choose between two different types of dehumanization.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 6:13 pm
amother wrote:
I was getting a treatment on my back by a physical therapist and it takes a lot of hands on work. Usually he will be doing the treatment with on hand and rest the other one on the table or on my back. No problem. One time though he began resting his hand on my rear and it was strange but I didn't say anything I just figured his hand was tired and he couldn't distinguish body parts under the sheet. Then his hand moved down till it was resting on my thigh and was slipping between my thighs. Thankfully it went no further. I never went back to that therapist and when I called to cancel and they asked why I said that I was all better. Looking back I should've said something but I just wanted to get away.

I can believe the operating room story. Whenever I have had surgery the anaesthesiologist has been crotch high to my head on a high stool.

Sitting crotch high on a stool and rubbing himself against a patient? With the husband and other doctors in the room? Rolling Eyes

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 6:18 pm
amother wrote:
Sitting crotch high on a stool and rubbing himself against a patient? With the husband and other doctors in the room? Rolling Eyes

Well it has never happened to me but when sickos want to get their jollies off they find a way. He probably got more excited doing it in a room full of people. Don't underestimate perverts.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 7:04 pm
Happened to me on a bus as well. We were both seated and I whispered, "if you don't get up, I'm going to yell" and he got up.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 8:09 pm
I once travelled on the heiman bus from ny to montreal through the night. I had the second to last seat and in the last seat there was a man. ( I think a meshulach) in middle of the night his hand came through the seat a few times, touching me... I was so wierded out, first I thought he was sleeping with his head in front of me, then I realized he was doing it on purpose. I said loudly excuse me, excuse me.... I guess he got nervous and stopped. I couldnt sleep the whole night, and couldnt wait to get off the bus

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 8:42 pm
My sister was on a crowded bus with a mechitza traveling with other girls. A guy kept pushing into them from the other side of the mechitza. Finally, one of the girls realized it wasn't THAT crowded. She pinched him hard through the curtain. That got the message across!

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 9:02 pm
Happened to me on the NY subway too.
It was extremely crowded, hardly any standing room, and I was holding a lot of big shopping bags, so I was wedged in where I was standing, unable to move, even to turn. Anyways, I felt a warm feeling on my behind, but I ignored it, figuring it was nothing. That warm feeling was there for a long long time. Then, out of nowhere, that "warm feeling" turned into a squeeze on my behind and I realized some sicko had his hand on me the whole time. I struggled to turn and see but it was so crowded and the guy probably did it right before he got off the train. I had no clue who it was, but felt so so violated that he had his hand on clueless me for such a long time. Sad
I wish I could've screamed at him.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 10:25 pm
In the summer camp I went to there was a worker that always managed to somehow walk too close to the girls when he passed by someone. I was a counselor, and told the directors of the camp to get rid of him before something happened, but they did nothing until one of my (preteen) campers went crying to the manager that this guy touched her on her backside. Craziest part- they gave him a week to leave!

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 10:42 pm
Ugh. Too. Many. Times. I always have thoughts afterward about what I SHOULD have done, or wish I could have done, but I can't judge myself for how I reacted in one moment.
As a teen, I used to take the subway to school. There were a few times where if I were sitting in a corner or on a empty-ish side of the train, facing so no one could see the front of them, whip it out while staring at me, and starting jerking off. Of course I would walk away, but those experiences made me very wary of men putting their hands too close to their crotch.
I've had my boobs grabbed multiple times. One time afterward, I just started crying. I was holding so many things so couldn't even do anything, and this guy had just grabbed my boob and ran.
Other times I've had my butt grabbed and the person ran away.
I think part of this is when you live in a crowded city and take more public transportation, you have way more human interaction, and you're going to experience harassment way more than someone who takes a car places, so doesn't encounter creeps as often.
I try not to hate men, especially since there are many male relatives who I love, but for some reason, no strange woman ever grabbed my butt, boob, or got off to me in public.

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 10:50 pm
being groped has happened to me and its more of an assault than harassment to me and it's awful and violating. If a stranger makes a flirtatious comment like "oh you dropped something back there- my heart" and comments of that ilk that's ok with me as long as I don't feel threatened.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 11:13 pm
I have been groped on my rear end in meron on lag bomer by some crazy na nach boys. I have also been visited on an empty bus with a mechitza by a man's hands trying to get under my dress through the snaps of the mechitza. Ewwwwwwwwww.

I have once walked around a pond with dh when a car stopped and a guy yelled seksy beauty and he then carried on.

I have been flirted to and followed by weird strangers and I think its part of life. Yes I have also been molested as a kid and sekshually abused and raped as an older teen. That tooo is part of life.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 11:17 pm
I once dashed to make the train and I just missed it, so the subway platform was completely empty. I sat down to wait and the next thing I know a guy is walking towards me with his p@nis out, touching himself and saying extremely crude things to me. I was young, and had just moved to New York and I was quite traumatized. I wasn't even sure at first what I was seeing! I just moved to the other side of the platform and within a minute or two other people started coming to wait for the next train. But it has definitely made me wary of being alone on the platform. I usually wait upstairs now until I see there are people there.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics