Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleaning lady. Would u keep her or not?

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 10:05 pm
Background: I got rid of my last lady after she started coming with a friend and taking double as long and demanding double pay. Haven't had anyone in 3 months.

Last week tuesday my cousin sent me a text that she has a lady available and do I want her. She is her lady's friend and she has been helping her by my cousins house but she is available everyday and after pesach monday and friday...the days I need. She also speaks English and texts.
I text the lady and make up she will come to me on Thursday so I an try her out. She texts me on Wednesday "I am at the hospital since an hour ago. I have no idea what time am I getting out. Im sorry my stomach hurts.... "
I text her back u r suppose to come tomorrow not today. (Sounded like she was playing hooked on someone )
She said oh ok I will be on time.
She is supposed to come at 8 am
At 8:30 not here. I ask her where she is she says in the taxi. She shows up at 8:50...I had to take my kids to school and go to work. I work 5 minutes away and a as planing kn coming home every 2 hours to check on her.she came so late I quickly showed her what to do and left
(I hate doing that but I had no choice thought she would come earlier and I would be home for 45 minutes then say I had some wrrands. Etc )
Anyways she was not amazing but I thought I can work with her.
I made ups he would come today. She said she had someone else in the morning and she can come to me from 1 till whenever I wanted I told her 5. This was last night she said ok.
Anyways this morning I text her if she can stay till 6 or 7. No response. I sent her a list and got no response I went home and checked at 1:30 she not there. I came home with kids at 4. Not there. She doesn't answer texts all day and I called her....rang once and went to voicemail.
I couldn't reach her at all all day.
Now at 10 PM she sends me
"Sorry my husband didn't feel well and I took him to the hospital"
Wwyd. Should I just say forget it and tell her not to come back. Should I respond that she should have let me know?

double u

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 10:09 pm
Move on

mfb

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 10:12 pm
She's probably working for someone else, and the hospital is just an excuse. I would try to find someone more reliable.
To me honesty and reliability are more important than how good they clean. I need to know that they will let me know if not coming, even if they call or text an hour before the time to let me know. Not letting know that they are not coming is unacceptable to me.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 10:17 pm
I thought she may be. Except she was working for my cousin on Monday Nad Fridays for past 4 weeks and she was desperate for jobs. When I called her she jumped at the job....she was basically free all week besides the temporary job at my cousin.

I will probably just move on but it's sooooooo frustrating.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 10:26 pm
It's not easy. I hope you find a reliable one soon.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Apr 13 2016, 9:29 am
Update: this is weird.
My daughter didn't feel well this morning and didn't eat much so decided to go to my parents house with her to see if she will something there. As I pull in my brother pulls up....and guess who comes out of the car???? This lady who was supposed to come to me yesterday. Now I know she for sure doesn't have any real steady jobs because my mother had her own lady for past 15 years 4 days a week....they r cleaning together.
I didn't tell her anything yet.

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 13 2016, 9:36 am
why not ask them both what's going on ...

mfb

Post Wed, Apr 13 2016, 9:38 am
She doesn't have steady, but she's probably going to the highest bidder at this point!

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Apr 13 2016, 9:42 am
I am going to speak to her.
My mother is paying her same as I was. I wa spaying what she asked. I didn't bargain her down at all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry