Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
SIDS

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Apr 13 2016, 3:27 pm
Does anyone know of cases of SIDS that happened soon after immunizations?

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Apr 13 2016, 3:30 pm
amother wrote:
Does anyone know of cases of SIDS that happened soon after immunizations?

Yes my nephew 21 years ago. 3 days after the second set of shots.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Apr 13 2016, 3:34 pm
I know a case of SIDS that happened shortly after breast feeding!

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Apr 13 2016, 3:36 pm
amother wrote:
I know a case of SIDS that happened shortly after breast feeding!

Linen- brilliant, but that wasn't my question.

mha3484

Post Wed, Apr 13 2016, 4:09 pm
My baby died at 10 weeks old so he was vax'ed about two weeks prior. Why do you ask?

Miri7

Post Wed, Apr 13 2016, 4:18 pm
Presumably a high percentage of SIDS cases would occur somewhat soon after vaccination as at that age kids are vaccinated fairly frequently. Correlation does not establish causation.

gold21

Post Wed, Apr 13 2016, 4:53 pm
Miri7 wrote:
Presumably a high percentage of SIDS cases would occur somewhat soon after vaccination as at that age kids are vaccinated fairly frequently. Correlation does not establish causation.

Exactly

miami85

Post Wed, Apr 13 2016, 6:11 pm
I know of a case where the child past away shortly after the vaccination, but the baby also had a fever, so not sure if there's a way to prove that it was from the vaccination or the fever. (I also don't personally know why the baby was given vaccine if not well)

cnc

Post Wed, Apr 13 2016, 6:15 pm
miami85 wrote:
I know of a case where the child past away shortly after the vaccination, but the baby also had a fever, so not sure if there's a way to prove that it was from the vaccination or the fever. (I also don't personally know why the baby was given vaccine if not well)

That's strange.
My doctor refuses to give vaccines even if my kids have a very low grade fever or even a cold.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Apr 14 2016, 8:25 am
mha3484 wrote:
My baby died at 10 weeks old so he was vax'ed about two weeks prior. Why do you ask?

So sorry for your loss!!

I ask because after a lot of reading and research, I am starting to think that vaccinations do seem to explain SIDS to some extent. It's hard not to make the connection, after a healthy baby is injected with toxins...

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Apr 14 2016, 9:29 am
amother wrote:
So sorry for your loss!!

I ask because after a lot of reading and research, I am starting to think that vaccinations do seem to explain SIDS to some extent. It's hard not to make the connection, after a healthy baby is injected with toxins...

But is there any scientific proof that they are DIRECTLY RELATED? That's key. What about people who don't vax, or delay vaxxing until after the first year, and still have babies die of SIDS?

I'm not brushing off your concerns. I vaxxed, and DD had a bad reaction to the pertussis vaccine. I slept with a monitor in her room, and I swear I did not sleep well until she was old enough to stand up and scream in her crib when she wanted attention. Every little hiccup and breath would wake me up, and I checked on her constantly. I had no logical reason to suspect that she was at risk, but I was a nervous mom anyway, so I understand you completely.

All I can say, is that you need to have a long talk with your pediatrician, and get a second opinion if you can. Don't just research negative websites, but look at all the cases where nothing bad happens, as well. You need balanced information so you can make the right decision.

If you do decide to delay vaccination, please, get the meningitis vaccine if nothing else. That one is the most deadly, and survival will leave lasting disability that can be devastating.

gold21

Post Thu, Apr 14 2016, 9:37 am
amother wrote:
So sorry for your loss!!

Toxins are everywhere. They dont cause sudden unexplained death.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Apr 14 2016, 10:49 am
amother wrote:
So sorry for your loss!!

I have an unvaccinated relative that passed away from SIDS the morning of his bris.

Zehava

Post Thu, Apr 14 2016, 11:00 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
But is there any scientific proof that they are DIRECTLY RELATED? That's key. What about people who don't vax, or delay vaxxing until after the first year, and still have babies die of SIDS?

I'm not brushing off your concerns. I vaxxed, and DD had a bad reaction to the pertussis vaccine. I slept with a monitor in her room, and I swear I did not sleep well until she was old enough to stand up and scream in her crib when she wanted attention. Every little hiccup and breath would wake me up, and I checked on her constantly. I had no logical reason to suspect that she was at risk, but I was a nervous mom anyway, so I understand you completely.

All I can say, is that you need to have a long talk with your pediatrician, and get a second opinion if you can. Don't just research negative websites, but look at all the cases where nothing bad happens, as well. You need balanced information so you can make the right decision.

If you do decide to delay vaccination, please, get the meningitis vaccine if nothing else. That one is the most deadly, and survival will leave lasting disability that can be devastating.

Agree with this. I worked with a child who was disabled due to meningitis. He went from being a healthy five year old to fully disabled physically and mentally. It was really sad to see.

observer

Post Thu, Apr 14 2016, 11:14 am
amother wrote:
So sorry for your loss!!

Within what time frame? Infants are usually either a few days after vaccinations, a few weeks after vaccinations, or at most a couple of months after. Unless you are finding a consistent time pattern, this leaves a lot of room for skepticism.

observer

Post Thu, Apr 14 2016, 11:15 am
mha3484 wrote:

So sorry...unimaginable.

greenfire

Post Thu, Apr 14 2016, 11:41 am
I don't think sudden infant death is explainable by anything ... hence the term "sudden"

sorry for everybody's losses Hug

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Apr 14 2016, 12:45 pm
amother wrote:
So sorry for your loss!!

Yes, your research sounds very sound. You should publish your research.

But don't be so quick to disregard my breast milk theory. Ask around in lots of forums. I'm sure many moms will says that SIDS occurred shortly after the baby was breasted. The numbers can't be denied.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Apr 14 2016, 12:46 pm
miami85 wrote:

Are you sure the baby had a fever before the vaccination, or maybe the vaccination caused the fever?

mammala120

Post Thu, Apr 14 2016, 4:52 pm
So breastfeeding is proven to be safe unless mom consumed something toxic but even then the milk passes through intestines and liver which act as filters. We're as vaccines are concentrated toxins entering directly into bloodstreams. Vaccines are not proven safe
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics