Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift ideas for my Mom

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Apr 14 2016, 8:13 am
I have just been put on modified bed rest, in my 6th month. I have three very well behaved children, 6 and under.

My mother is a very loving grandmother, who's 'love language' is clearly giving gifts. She doesn't have the attention span to spend time with kids for long periods. Usually when we come, I help with cooking, serving and clearing, take care of whatever the kids need, and clean up after them. The additional work involved in having us seems overwhelming to my mother, so I do what I can to alleviate it. We will be at my parents for first days of Pesach, and we will be their only guests. My father is very helpful when it's clear what is needed from him, especially with babies, but my kids are older than that. DH is... not so hands on. He knows that my mom will get frustrated if too much is asked of her, and I pray that he steps up to the plate...
For first days, it will just be my little family (ka"H), but last days she will have a full house, 14 adults and 10 kids.

I want to bring my mom a gift that will be helpful, because I certainly won't be! She is very frugal, but they are financially more than stable. She likes when we cook/bake for her, but would not want to serve store bought prepared foods. I guess I am looking for a convenience item she wouldn't spring for, or something beautiful that would really enhance her Pesach.

kollel wife

Post Thu, Apr 14 2016, 10:30 am
Something that will be useful and make her Pesach easier - I don't know what she has already - here goes.

New large food processor or mixer (does she have a good one)
Hand mixer/blender
Large pot
blintz maker
microwave
matzo holder
Large serving try with handles eg
http://www.overstock.com/Home-.....aw.ds

Linen set(s)
Gift certificate to buy robe or similar
Toys for grandkids who'll be visiting
pretty disposable dishes for the seudos (save her a lot of washing up)

(I'm trying to think of what I'd like to make my making Pesach easier)

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Apr 14 2016, 10:45 am
Such great ideas, thank you kollel wife!

Now how do I choose?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics