Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
How many of you use Facebook?
Previous  1  2

Do you use Facebook?
I have an account and go on often / participate in groups  
 33%  [ 55 ]
I have an account but only go on to see specific posts (family pics etc)  
 11%  [ 19 ]
I have an account but hardly sign on  
 9%  [ 15 ]
I dont have an account  
 45%  [ 73 ]
Total Votes : 162

newme

Post Sat, Apr 16 2016, 6:29 pm
I used to have an account - and barely logged in.
I hated the site - huge waste of time, and - for me - seriously uninteresting. Makes me think that some people use Facebook instead of getting a real world life.
After a few years of getting unsolicited emails from the site (which I hardly know what they were about) I deleted it.
I still don't get what the brouhaha is about Confused Confused

MrsDuby

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 11:37 am
this has been really enlightening for me ... so thank you to everyone who voted and commented.

interestingly, a lot of people voted that they dont really use facbook, so I would assume it means they use Imamother instead as their social media / connecting with others? Just an interesting thought.

Thank you again for everyone's comments and input.

Have a wonderful yom tov !

tryinghard

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 12:05 pm
MrsDuby wrote:
this has been really enlightening for me ... so thank you to everyone who voted and commented.

interestingly, a lot of people voted that they dont really use facbook, so I would assume it means they use Imamother instead as their social media / connecting with others? Just an interesting thought.

Imamother for me is entertaining. I don't really connect with others that much because I am not a very prolific poster.

saw50st8

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 12:43 pm
MrsDuby wrote:

There are a lot of formally active imamother members who now post more in facebook groups. Those are easier to post in and less anonymous.

cm

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 1:03 pm
I think people use these different outlets for different things.

Imamother is strictly anonymous, and I use it to get a better idea of the Jewish world in general. Sometimes I turn to Imamother for information; other times I try to be helpful by answering a question or adding to a discussion. I like to read certain participants' posts, but I don't know whether I know any of you in real life.

Facebook is how I stay in touch with school friends and far-flung relatives. We keep each other up-to-date on our families and other news. Since getting on Facebook, I have been much more connected with my extended family. It isn't time consuming to log on every so often and give an update while seeing what others have posted. Writing letters to everyone was much more time-consuming, and ultimately hard to keep up.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics