Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What color cardigan with this dress

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Apr 14 2016, 9:43 pm
http://I.imgur.com/9XV4n5p.png

Couldn't figure out how to post the picture but I think I managed to link a picture correctly.

So, I've had great luck finding tznius length dresses at macys and annie sez for yom tov. I'm not convinced that shells can't be worn anymore, so I'm wearing most with shells.

But this one (a great find- very flattering and on sale for $40) looks like it would go well with a cardigan. I'm just not sure what color and style. The flowers are a big mix of greens, pinks, and blues, and no color is really dominant. Any advice?

spring13

Post Thu, Apr 14 2016, 9:48 pm
Hmm, I think just go with black. If you can match the green, that would be my next choice.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Apr 14 2016, 9:53 pm
Blue would be the prettiest, but it will have to be an exact match. If that doesn't work, go with black.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Apr 14 2016, 9:54 pm
Definitely the blue in the flower

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Apr 14 2016, 10:07 pm
Thanks for the replies!

Based on the picture, my first thought was blue also, but in real life the blue is not thr dominant flower color-the reds, pinks, and greens are just as many and just as vibrant.

As for black-will that ruin the springy-summery vibes of the dress and make it somber?

momof2+?

Post Thu, Apr 14 2016, 10:32 pm
I would say white or that pink/purplish colour (is it called mauve?).
I like wearing lighter colours for spring/summer. If it's not really warm, I think you could get away with black.

happyfaces

Post Fri, Apr 15 2016, 12:00 am
amother wrote:
Blue would be the prettiest, but it will have to be an exact match. If that doesn't work, go with black.

Blue would be beautiful! Looks like a light cobalt color.

Good luck...

ra_mom

Post Fri, Apr 15 2016, 12:30 am
White. And just a small cardigan that doesn't cover too much of the beauty of the dress.

pointyshoes

Post Fri, Apr 15 2016, 7:12 am
I think a shell would look nicer with that dress- blue or any colour on there. Its stunning btw! Enjoy wearing it!

egam

Post Fri, Apr 15 2016, 7:59 am
amother wrote:
Thanks for the replies!

Based on the picture, my first thought was blue also, but in real life the blue is not thr dominant flower color-the reds, pinks, and greens are just as many and just as vibrant.

As for black-will that ruin the springy-summery vibes of the dress and make it somber?

I agree that black will ruin it. Go with light colors. Blue, light purple, white. Get a couple off different ones so you can interchange them.

wazup

Post Fri, Apr 15 2016, 10:42 am
I would go with the blue if you could find an exact match.
if not- go with any of the colors that you can find a match to...
if you cant match any, black would look nice too. I dont think it will take away from the spring summery look at all...

spring13

Post Fri, Apr 15 2016, 10:47 am
I don't think black would make it look too somber, as long as it's a summery weight and a low-profile cut, like one of these

http://www1.macys.com/shop/pro.....Ojd4Z
http://www1.macys.com/shop/pro.....zPos3

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 15 2016, 10:58 am
it's spring - pick a happy colour [bring the dress with you for a sure blend] there are plenty of them to choose from or stick with white

Blessing1

Post Fri, Apr 15 2016, 11:04 am
There r many options. Blue, green, pink, mauve, burgendy. Try a bolero style so u don't hide the buety.

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Apr 15 2016, 2:32 pm
Thanks for the replies and links!

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Apr 20 2016, 12:13 am
Hi, it's the OP!

So I tried a lot of different colors, nothing looked right. So I went with black and got this
Satin cropped jacket

Http://I.imgur.com/W7w6o4E.png

And I like how it looks except that the collar of the dress is pretty high, but not to my standards. It's the teeniest bit too wide. So I wear a shell, but I feel like that just looks like I'm wearing an ill-advised undershirt that's poking out. Short of altering the while dreas, any ideas?

le cure

Post Wed, Apr 20 2016, 2:13 am
black for sure

Adela

Post Wed, Apr 20 2016, 2:30 am
Gorgeous dress! Love it! Sorry not good at matching sets
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics