Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
3rd Boy Baby Gift
1  2  Next

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Jul 10 2005, 10:32 pm
Someone I know just had her 3rd child -- a 3rd boy B"H.
I'm trying to think about what to give her.
The simplest idea...clothing...which I doubt she needs, cuz don't most mothers save hand-me-downs?
I don't want to send money, cuz I prefer it going for something for the baby, not bills. Smile
I could ask her what she needs, but I'm nervous she may ask for something above my price range. Or she may not answer anyhow.
Should I get her a gift certificate to a children's clothing store? Any good ideas?

queen

Post Sun, Jul 10 2005, 11:08 pm
ask her if she has a play mat for the baby with an arch that comes up with toys hanging down. We bought it for our nephew and it seems like it's a VERY popular toy recommended by many.

Mazel tov!

RedVines

Post Sun, Jul 10 2005, 11:23 pm
If you dont want to spend a ton go to target, there is one online if you cant get to one, and get her a cool toy, I once got a huge gift bag, with a package of diapers, baby lotion and bath stuff, and a couple of really neat toys. It was practicul. I loved it. You could do a theme and buy baby bath stuff,towel and washclothes. a really nice outfit with matching hat and socks. I really dont think it matters how many children you have, new outfits are always nice!

proudmom

Post Sun, Jul 10 2005, 11:43 pm
buy something for her. like lotions, stuff for a bath so she can sit and relax

Tefila

Post Mon, Jul 11 2005, 10:32 am
Proudmom I agree I got perfume from a friend as a baby gift and trust me thats the one I appreciated it most even if I don't wear it in public Wink

proudmom

Post Mon, Jul 11 2005, 10:49 am
It is also good to think of the mother, because she was the one that went through being pregnant, going through the labor and then giving birth. It is really hard. That is why I thought of giving presents to the mother. I gave it to 2 people and they were so happy with it.

miriam

Post Mon, Jul 11 2005, 11:03 am
I gave a baby bathrobe and duck for the tub. They thought it was really cute. She said she never had one for the other boys. Oh, this was her FOURTH boy.

lucky

Post Mon, Jul 11 2005, 11:20 am
It's nice to give something to the mommy. Or maybe a family gift? I like sending a toy that this baby will enjoy a few years down the road. Or you can always find that unique something that mothers don't splurge on.

a crib organizer,
bottle warmer
car seat cover
try the right start catalog. you will find things you wished s/o bought for you.

Henya

Post Mon, Jul 11 2005, 1:11 pm
or, you could buy a subscription to a magazine for the mother so she can relax while feeding her baby or whenever she has a few spare moments.

stem

Post Mon, Jul 11 2005, 1:28 pm
The thing they need most is... Diapers!

You can get her a big box of diapers, wrap it in fancy wrapping paper with a bow and a card. I think they would really appreciate it.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Mon, Jul 11 2005, 9:12 pm
interesting ideas! thanks, guys!
I like the idea to get something for the mom...where would I get it? how do I know if it's "her type?"
also, someone lent for my baby the mat with arch and it was WONDERFUL. Maybe I'll ask her if she needs that. what do they cost - like $30?

m&m

Post Mon, Jul 11 2005, 9:41 pm
The mat with the arch is a great idea, I got it as a gift and it's quite useful. Just buy one with a removable arc from the mat. This is important when its not the first child as they will probably not want to put the new baby on the floor with other children around.

Another great gift (for mom) is a wallet-purse. I'm not sure how to describe it: It's quite small (walletlike) but its big enough to carry cash, cards, keys and cell phone. That's it. It's convenient because you can transfer it from purse to baby bag and always have your important items with you. I got this as a gift and have bought it for others.

micki

Post Mon, Jul 11 2005, 10:46 pm
I got many new outfits for a 3rd girl and it was very appreciated but actually I liked the gift of a pack of diapers, a box of wipes, and a baby blanket. so practical and you know they'll need that!
or get some jewish picture books- the older kids will feel its a gift for them too!

queen

Post Mon, Jul 11 2005, 11:58 pm
brachad wrote:
someone lent for my baby the mat with arch and it was WONDERFUL. what do they cost - like $30?

about that. check out target.

about buying diapers and wipes- that might be useful... but wont last! I prefer to give gifts that remind them of us while being used... but that's personal preference!

Post Tue, Jul 12 2005, 12:47 pm
how 'bout getting gifts for the older brothers?
or maybe you can find some cheap matching outfits at Children's Place for all 3!

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Jul 12 2005, 10:15 pm
thanks for all the great ideas! Although the diapers idea is practical and useful, I, too, prefer something that'll last and make them think of us!
Maybe I'll get an inexpensive lego-type set ($10 in amazing savings) for the older kids (3 & 5)...and ask if they need the arch thing...

lucky

Post Tue, Jul 12 2005, 11:53 pm
You can never have too much legos. I like buying it as a gift.

supermom

Post Wed, Jul 13 2005, 2:50 am
when I gave birth to our second girl we got presents for my older one like toys and a present for me. I felt good that someone also thought of me after doing the hard work of labor and delivery. I would say go for a present for the mom she will apprieciate it.

queen

Post Wed, Jul 13 2005, 2:54 am
supermom wrote:
I felt good that someone also thought of me after doing the hard work of labor and delivery.

I never thought of it in this way, but you're so right!

Yael

Post Fri, Jul 15 2005, 3:54 pm
when I had my second boy I got maybe 3 gifts and that was ok with me b/c I really didnt need anything. and at least this way I didnt have to send out tons of thank you cards. Wink
with my first I got a ton of gifts and it was apreciated more, b/c I needed it.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics