Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
3rd Boy Baby Gift
Previous  1  2

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sat, Jul 16 2005, 11:36 pm
Btw, I mentioned to my husband to ask them what they needed and my husband suggested I get diapers! (he thinks like some of you). But when he asked the mother of the baby, she actually said she doesn't need diapers, but toys! So now I have to figure out what toys.
Btw, about the Legos...they're really a different brand name - Mega Blocks or something like that? They're big for ages 1-5, my son (age 1) just got them as a gift and I'm sure he'll learn how to use them in a few months.

supermom

Post Sun, Jul 17 2005, 5:59 am
when I gave birth to our second girl I got as a present from someone diapers a pack for each size which was also apprieciated since everytime her size changed I always had a package waiting for me. it was thoughtfull since I didn't really need any toys, clothing since I had more than enough of both of them.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Jul 17 2005, 9:51 pm
Okay, she said she used to have the mat/arch thing and doesn't anymore and she really liked it. so I guess there's my answer! I was in some stores today and saw some...
so....here's my questions now.
I don't want to spend more than $30/35.
Should I buy the mat/arch I saw that cost about that.
Or should I buy the toy that's just a standing arch ($20) and get mega blocks legos ($10) for the older kids?

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 12:57 pm
I'd say, option "B" and include a gift receipt!

supermom

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 1:44 pm
I would say get her what she wants it will make her happy. leggo by me just gets lost and is thrown all over the place. she will be much happier with something she knows that she wants.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Oct 19 2016, 6:59 pm
I always give the same:

a box of diapers, a set of nice childrens cutlery (you can never have enough, you need more with every child- it comes in a nice box and on amazon it costs about 7 euro) a handlotion and scented candle set for the mother. I buy it all in bulk when on sale, and wrap it up nicely. it works for both genders, all incomes and each gift costs only around 15 euro.

as I have given this gift so many times before in our kehille, mothers already know what to expect and I never recieved a negative comment. I add a nice card with brochos to the family, which makes it more personal.

in my office I have a cupboard filled with approx 30 handlotion-candle- sets, diapers, childrens cutlery, blue/pink mazal tov cards and wrapping paper . whemever a baby is born Im ready without having to run out to stores with my little ones and buying useless expencive things .

PS of course close friends/familymembers get larger and personalized gifts or whatever they need.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics